Husqvarna 572XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely do some research before dealing with dead wood or hardwood leaners. Please, please, please take your time and be aware of what is going on. That means above you and in the cut. WATCH YOUR CHIPS! If your chips turn into rotten dust you are in danger. Always cut the rotten stuff the safest way possible for that situation. Proper rope is often better than a steel cable in close to houses, vehicles and people. Don’t be afraid to rig the tree up to be pullled rather than trying to cut it. Always error on the safe side and double that with dead wood. Especially dead hard wood. Of all the mishaps I’ve seen it’s been dead wood and hardwood leaners that have got the guys who know their stuff. That and widow makers. Or kickback from no stump shot. Or falling a tree on a pecker pole and having it slap them in the face. Anyway, I hope you understand my point. Please be safe, don’t get excited and neglect the signs of danger and most importantly know the dangers before you cut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watch the crown too! It’ll let you know when the tree is starting to move faster than watching kerf. Be aware of everything. Have a escape route. I’d invest in some wedges too. Read up on some tree felling/cutting books before you start. The saw operators manuals have some info too. I know people already warned you about the 395... but again that saw is no joke, it does not care about you at all! Respect it and the 550. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

@shimaze, do yourself a huge favor and do some reading on the proper way to cut down trees. Live trees are dangerous enough let alone the extra dangers from a dead tree. I suggest you buy "To Fell a Tree" by Jeff Jepson, or "Professional Timber Falling" by Douglas Dent.
... and don't use one saw to drop a tree on the other saw. :laugh:

... and don't use one saw to drop a tree on the other saw. :laugh:
At least I can say I've never put a chain on backwards. So yeah, I have thst going for me. :****you::)

Sheeze, we have a middle finger emoji and can't even use it. :dumb2: Use you imagination lol.

I've also never mixed up my saws gas and bar oil tanks so suck it. :laugh:

572xp IPL (attached).

The OM file is too large to attach.
Any idea if there is a small spline drum for this. Pretty sure we discussed a small spline one for the earlier saws this size.
577 60 38 01 for the clutch drum kit does not seem to come up for me in some searches. I can tell from the rim it is a standard spline.

39mm stroke stuffed crank

Why would the 565 vibrate more I can understand that it makes less noise?

Any idea if there is a small spline drum for this. Pretty sure we discussed a small spline one for the earlier saws this size.
577 60 38 01 for the clutch drum kit does not seem to come up for me in some searches. I can tell from the rim it is a standard spline.

39mm stroke stuffed crank

Why would the 565 vibrate more I can understand that it makes less noise?

No actual knowledge, as I haven't compared part numbers etc to anything - but I doubt it since this is an inboard clutch saw and the smaller 5xx saws have an outboard clutch.

Also, I fail to understand why someone would want one ( a small spline drum), but that's not really my business.
Running .325x8 (or x7) on it is all I can think of - but again I fail to see the purpose.

However, if small spline 3/8" Picco rims have become available, and standard spline ones not, that changes the "picture" - but the last time I knew it was the other way around?

(Not in The Industry) ... Love & Respect the Trade/Art ... Practiced ... Firm in my Limitations, yikes.

Referred to the BC Faller Training Videos ... "YouTube"

Love running the Big saws!

For, Women/Relationships ? ... 395's are a lot less dangerous.

It's already on sale in Switzerland, Austria and Germany.
Very light (about the same weight as the 562XP), very powerful and very competitively priced: MSRP is the same as the 562XP but I've already seen big discounts on it in Austria. If Stihl doesn't lower the MS462C price quick they have lost this round before it's even started. Rather intriguingly the ordinary version comes with an 18" bar as standard and the G one with a 20" one.
It should replace both the 372XP and the 576XP: like the MS462C these saws are considerably more sophisticated than their predecessors and feature some slick advances in porting and combustion management that will make work for tuners considerably harder, regardless of the usual overtly optimistic YouTube videos.
Very light, maybe if your favorite saw is a 395 lol.
Recognize that last one Shane :).
Screen Shot 2018-03-26 at 10.09.20 AM.png Screen Shot 2018-03-26 at 10.16.47 AM.png Screen Shot 2018-03-26 at 10.17.43 AM.png

What Chu think of it?
It was still on the first or second tank. It has a good bit more power than a stock 372 oe or xt and should get a nice boost once it's broken in fully. It feels very similar as to a 576 as far as weight and initial handling, but it has the laid back cylinder like a 562/550 and you can tell it handles better the first time you move the saw at all. I look forward to seeing how it does when it's broke in, hopefully @Armbru84 will let me drop some trees with it sometime as well.

It was still on the first or second tank. It has a good bit more power than a stock 372 oe or xt and should get a nice boost once it's broken in fully. It feels very similar as to a 576 as far as weight and initial handling, but it has the laid back cylinder like a 562/550 and you can tell it handles better the first time you move the saw at all. I look forward to seeing how it does when it's broke in, hopefully @Armbru84 will let me drop some trees with it sometime as well.

I hope it is a Success for Husqvarna.

Good Competition Breeds Innovation.

Back