Husqvarna 576 XPG AT

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale M

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
B97D433E-7D62-4524-9E8C-50961B46D511.jpeg 11ACE7EC-CA35-44AC-A2FB-F9CB0B13C0DC.jpeg Hi Guys. So I had $550 burning a hole in my pocket and bought this saw the other day, needed it like a hole in the head. But but but I got
Anyways.Its build date is 2009, guy I
Got it from said it wasn’t used a lot,
Just personal fire wood. Judging by
The condition it wasn’t used a lot The factory bar is still on and it’s clean.Its starts super easy and idles
Great. I made 1 cut through an old
Pine log about 12” diameter and it zipped through like butter and put it away. It’s oiling the bar well and it appears it’s NOT leaking bar oil, WOW. First used husky I’ve had that
Didn’t leak oil.
Is it worth doing a simple muffler
Mod?, simple like just opening up
The muffler abit, from the back side
With a die grinder and the same on the front. I only cut a truckload of
Firewood every other month, and it’s
All standing dead soft pine.
Thanks for your input.
Dale

nothing simple about a muff mod on these lol. I learned the hard way, just add a deflector if you have the ability. Youll gain nothing by grinding on yhe inlet of the muffler, and the outlet is connected to a little pipethat runs along the front side of a baffle that runs through the center of the muffler. Ill try to find the pic of the one i did on my 575

I might have paid to
Much for the saw but up here in Alberta
Saws are expensive. I had a 562 XPG
Last year that I bought it was used for 1
Tree and it really did look unused but the build date was early 2012 and some
Of those and some engine failures. I used it one day for a couple of hours and thought for my needs this is the perfect saw but was worried about it having issues so when a guy offered me
What I paid for it I sold it. I have an old
Husky 359 that runs like a watch but I like having 2 saws. Up here a new 562 XP is just under a $1000..It seems like
The new 562s are much better so I still
Would like to get 1 of those.. The 576 XPG AT that I bought seems like a nice
Saw but it’s bloody heavy. I use a saw once a month for a truck load of firewood, and it’s all standing dead pine
About 12” diameter so I don’t Need a big saw but I like saws. I still have my fathers 40 year old craftsman special edition saw. Put a carb kit in last years
And it runs ok. I remember my dad buying that saw and him thinking Wow
This is a great saw,14 inch but he loved it and it worked fine for fireplace wood.
Now a 14”saws seems like a kids saw..Did I need a 576 XPG, Nope totally
Didn’t but wanted one.
Thanks for your replies guys.
Dale

I really like my 575xp it’s the 576xp sibling. You have the xpg g heated handles. That’s awesome I had a early Pro 240 with heated handles no gloves needed in the cold.

Awesome saw, great choice the 576xpg is. Congrats.

Put a 8 tooth rim on the clutch with a 16” bar. I ran my 2100 like that was eating 12” trees.

Back