Husqvarna 576 xpw vs Stihl 461 "r" ..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see the need for two saws. 70cc 5.7 HP 13.7 poundered and a 78ish 6.1hp 14ish pounder.

Well neither are that weight. Both are pushing 15 lbs an over 15 with the wrap handles. A half wrap 044 with the small clutch cover ad one tiny spike might be around 14 lb even.

Anything over a 24" on the 7900 is real nose heavy to me. I've run some regular weight 32" on the 576 without t feeling real nose heavy.

Overall the 7900 is likely my favorite 70+cc saw. But I agree it gets a bit nose heavy with regular weight bars over 24". I honestly have little use for bars longer than that anyway, even though I seem to be collecting them for some reason. LOL

24" is the shortest I use regularly. I do some milling with that length also. If the 7900 had a better oiler I might consider one for that duty.

32" is the max for the oiler on the 7900 for sure, but I haven't had any issues with that length and a good chain. I had a stock 660 and the oiler on that POS:popcorn: had a hard time keeping up with a 32" had to upgrade to the HO oiler right away.

24-28" milling is the biggest the 046 with the HO oiler will oil.

My 372 lives with the a 24 and my 576 has a 28. Perfect balance and they oil great. Course all my saws have lightweight bars at that length.

Latest posts

Back