Husqvarna 61 gaskets

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rfarr1994

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Trying to put a 61 back together I just bought and am trying to make sure I have all the gaskets for the intake right. Is there a gasket between the carb and airhorn and someone before me just left it out or this correct?

Attachments

• CD63E0F9-52A2-406E-B3D5-FB5AC0FF69A8.jpeg
    CD63E0F9-52A2-406E-B3D5-FB5AC0FF69A8.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 18
According to the parts diagram I found online, there is supposed to be 501-535-801 "air filter holder mount spacer", yet it says its NLA and I can't find it anywhere. I haven't torn into my 61 yet so idk for sure. Someone who's had one apart should be along soon.

Most of the solid inlet manifolds I have worked on only ever had 1 off the cyl and 1 in between carb and manifold adaptor. Can't say I recall a gasket between carb and Air filter mount. Could be wrong

I’ve got 2 61’s from around 95 I believe and neither have it. I’ve looked at the ipl and it looks like on some years they had a gasket there and some they didn’t? I’m not too sure though.

Yeah I put them back together without and they run fine, just seemed weird to me it was the only part of the intake without a gasket.

Yeah I put them back together without and they run fine, just seemed weird to me it was the only part of the intake without a gasket.
It's before fuel gets added to the air, so more or less air entering before the carb won't make a difference in how it runs.

Added to that air will take the path of least resistance I.e through the AF so no real need for a gasket on the side . Love to see it finished father in law has one unfortunately I'm afraid it's in need of more than gaskets .Good luck with it

I have 2 61's currently on my bench. the 1993 model has no gasket between the airhorn and carb. the 1988 version also does not have a gasket there. all the others i've had apart have all been the same. should only be 2 gaskets on the intake side, 1 between the carb and inlet spacer and 1 between the spacer and the cylinder

Back