Husqvarna chain breaker and spinner, who has one and after advice

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Chaps,
Have been looking on and off at breakers and spinners.
Im located in Australia, so quite a bit of whats on offer is cost prohibitive to ship over here from the states.

There is the ebay jnj pair for AU $125 plus postage, look like oregon copies as far as I can tell.
Granberg break n mends are around AU$115

i came across an old oregon breaker at a garage sale, but cant find a new punch as its the old cast type, it also came with a no name spinner that appears to use the short 12mm x 8mm anvil, but by the time I get a new arm and 2 anvils, its cheaper to buy a new one with all that included.

Also got given an old worn out break n mend, but its so worn the spinner wont line up with the rivet base/ shaper, even after peining over the rivets and filing where the spinner anvil seats on the tool flat with a file, and it keeps springing open regardless of light or heavy grip pressure, and very uneven rivet heads, its punch is so worn, it wont push rivets out.

Stihl ones are 350 each, and out of the question, but came across some Husqvarna ones.
Breaker at AU $132 pn: 5024896-01
and the spinner at AU $141 pn: 5024897-01
Place selling them couldnt give me any information regarding them, and they didnt list a picture.
Price is better than the oregon ones they list too.

Are these the same as the oregon ones, or are they different, anyone who has used them care to offer their thoughts on them, or any other helpful advice would be appreciated.

I also searched and read and read on the love hate towards the Granberg break n mend, and after trying to get this old worn out one working, a bit hesitant in case a new one went the same way as this.

cheers

Trains

Most of the generic kit that is badged as various saw kit makes are manufactured in italy ( can't recall the name offhand ) but I used a No Name brand of their manufacture which performed well over a number of years & did a lot of breaking & making Make sure it's the model that punch & anvils are available as one of the models those parts seem now either hard to source or NLA If the need arose I would buy the same again.

Thanks Little Al,
appreciate your advice.

Was wondering if the Husqvarna ones were the same as oregon or much better.
Stihl ones are much more expensive, was wondering about the husky ones as they are cheaper than oregon.
Dont have a lot of money to play with, so want to spend it right.

If I went cheap on the JnJno ones didnt want to find it was not worth going that cheap, and you get what you pay for.

cheers

Most of the generic kit that is badged as various saw kit makes are manufactured in italy ( can't recall the name offhand ) but I used a No Name brand of their manufacture which performed well over a number of years & did a lot of breaking & making Make sure it's the model that punch & anvils are available as one of the models those parts seem now either hard to source or NLA If the need arose I would buy the same again.
Tecomec made many for others to re badge in different colors. I have the black set and they have stood up to a lot of use, the anvils are easily replaced.

You can use a flat file and ball peen hammer until you get a breaker and spinner. Hell you might not ever want a set once you get good at doing it that way.

Latest posts

Back