Husqvarna chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spyder62

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
0183AB1B-247A-40EA-8725-289C39D6A2AD.jpeg I picked up a few of these chains, seemed to cut good but we didn’t have much wood to cut. Can’t find much info on them. Anybody use them? Are they just safety chains? Trying to learn more about different types of chains so my knowledge is limited. A lot of the time were dragging wood to cut so it’s a little dirty. Are these any good or should I stick with semi chisel?

Have you noticed that there is less stretch in the husqvarna chain vs oregon chain?

Could you take out of the box and take a few pictures. The picture on the box looks like chisel chain with "normal" drive links but the little pictures at the bottom look like semi chisel, narrow kerf, and bumper drive links.

I have not experimented with this Husqvarna NK.325 or the newest Oregon NK .325. The Oregon offering looks to have more advanced oil distributing features There might be a small window of saw around 50cc that it (NK .325) works best for. On a 45cc saw the Still Picco 63 class with 7 pin drive on Stihl sprocket is better for me. On larger saws it seems the reduced size of the pivoting surfaces or other features of the rivets vs "normal .325" leads to more adjustments. That is with the earlier variants.

Fran

3EB4EEA8-DCC1-40F7-8ABC-505806A4A2B8.jpeg F2A60E2B-36B9-4B9B-807D-C831B2FFCEC3.jpeg ECF04827-7CC8-46FE-A8F4-D1E118AC367D.jpeg 4E11F4CB-EA11-4164-97F6-BE608E610302.jpeg 6690128C-8EAF-4646-982E-84503CB2189C.jpeg I haven’t used it enough to notice any stretch.
I put the chain on after I took the picture of it in the box, so here are a few pics not sure if they are clear enough. I just cut a few cookies with it a few minutes ago cut like butter. But it was only 11” maple. Need some more wood!

View attachment 623870 View attachment 623871 View attachment 623872 View attachment 623873 View attachment 623874 I haven’t used it enough to notice any stretch.
I put the chain on after I took the picture of it in the box, so here are a few pics not sure if they are clear enough. I just cut a few cookies with it a few minutes ago cut like butter. But it was only 11” maple. Need some more wood!
Semi chisel, cutters and ties look like oregon but may be different.

Not sure if "Husky " are making chains in all the sizes for their saws or if some are still down to Blount a small out of town guy who "dabbles" with"Husky but who's through put is small is still supplying chain in Husky boxes but produced by Blount Who's ever chain it is if you are cutting "******" wood semi chisel cuts as well as & lasts longer twixt sharpening

It's one of the first chains Husqvarna manufactured in their new chain factory in Sweden.
They are very competitively priced against Oregon and Stihl (same price here) but hard to find due to the lack of Huskie dealerships in my area. Intriguingly enough it seems Husqvarna still outsources most safety chains (possibly to Blount) while now manufactures all of the professional (non-safety) chains in-house.

The chain in the pictures is semi chisel, the picture on the box is chisel. A number of terms are trademarks. I see a flat on the top and a flat on the side with a radius at the corner. That would be micro in Stihl the way it seems to me.

Not sure what safety chain means, there is reduced kick back chain. As you can see it has bumper drive links unlike the picture on the box.

That's not a safety chain & from what I hear it's good chain.
I cut a lot of dirty wood and run semi chisel 90% of the time, it's just better day in and day out.
The new SP33G is a safety chain

Back