Husqvarna Chainsaw 136 Choke No Longer wants to stay Engaged? Why?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KiwiGirl

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Husqvarna 136 Chainsaw Choke was staying out but now it isnt? Why??

Have to turn idle screw out 4 turns+ anti-clockwise to allow choke to stay out. Is this normal?

I don’t have a 135, I do have a 144. The choke clicks out when the a plate on end of throttle shaft snaps into engagement with the choke. That would happen if I shut the screws, or pulled them completely out of the carb.

You sure you’re pulling it out far enough to click?

Disregard. My brain interpreted your “idle screw” as the low speed jet.

Have to turn idle screw out 4 turns+ anti-clockwise to allow choke to stay out. Is this normal?
Start with the manual. If you already know the machine, why didn't it have this problem when you first bought it? Think about things like, did it get dropped or bounced around in a truck? Its a mechanical issue, NOT carb related.

Get the IPL, look at YT, and, if the issue persists, simply buy another ...thats an entry-level homeowner machine thats sells daily for under a hundred bucks? Re-cons, NIB, with a 90 day warranty are all over for $129. shipped! Kiwi? You like those green eggs with a furr coat??

Just took the machine apart, again. Think I have worked out what the issue is.

It is not that the choke engages only when the idle screw has been screwed in a certain amount of times,

the issue was with the idle screw spring: which has obviously become too flexible allowing me to feel like the idle screw had not seated and could be manoeuvred several more clockwise rotations than there actually is. The screw wasn't getting any further in, just rotating in the same position.

Have given the spring some attention and now the screw feels seated in the same position where I am able to also engage choke.

Sound viable?

Took the muffler apart too, now I need to research how the spark arrestor gets put back in position correctly, as it fell out without me noting it's position - ha.

Are holes closer to the engine or not?

As for those green furry things, yes like them in my juicer with other fruit, but mostly like them on top of my homemade pavlovas. !!

For the muffler, the baffle (rectangle with the holes), goes holes up top and away from the cylinder. The end with the holes should be closer to front muffler cover. The metal mesh screen, (spark arrestor), slides over the baffle if it even has a screen at all.

I know this is an old thread but nobody answered your question from what I saw and that drives me insane! To answer your question is yes it's normal. I say this because I just took my 120 apart and screwed all the adjustment screws in to adjust them individually and the choke wouldn't stay open until I turned the idle screw to open it up then it stayed open.. hope that helped even tho it's old thread I hope someone else like me is looking for the answer because that's how I found this thread. You actually helped me

Latest posts

Back