Husqvarna combi-can broken

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pingo

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey

Has anyone had trouble with this combi-can where the fuel spout has broken.
I have had two and they have both failed, as image shows.

Br
Stihl user.

Attachments

• IMG_2280.JPG
    IMG_2280.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 99
Those cans look awesome, but that is sad news. Likely a manufacturing defect. I'd see if you can contact Husqvarna NA and see if they will send you replacement parts and look into possible fixes for the future.

I know nothing about that particular can, but that is a very common failure for some poor quality plastic spouts. It gets even more common if it has a garbage washer that leaks, so the user is always trying to magilla the damned thing tighter and tighter to stop the leak.

Best bet is to not trust any replacement from the same company until they openly admit they have found a problem and FIXED it. Try to find a replacement spout - not always easy, since there are no real standards. Newer cans made after 2009 do tend to have more interchangeable spouts. I have over 10 different gas cans collected over the years (I live in the middle of nowhere, so always hauling gas), and finding a correctly fitting replacement spout is always a nasty game. At least by having many different types of cans on hand, I can try different ones to find a good fit before I buy something.

They would likely last a long time on the farm tho.

My two old combi cans aren’t going anywhere. They are finally both paid off and you can’t buy the same kind anymore here.

Plastic gas cans are garbitch. Sunlight/UV makes them crack, cold makes them crack, age makes them crack, not enough plasticizers in the chintzy Chicom polyurethane makes them crack, they never last more than a few years, and when you buy a new one, it's so clogged up with 57 stupid EPA-mandated gizmos that you can't even use it.

These cans will last for three or four ice ages, though:

galvanized-gas-can-vintage-galvanized-eagle-gas-can-2-1-2-gallon.jpg

And if you need to carry fuel and oil in one hand, I guess you can tie a string around your oil jug...

Thanks guys. I got hold of the local cutter. Had him check his cap. Yep the oil one is cracked. Said he never noticed it and dont leak any oil. 2 years + of use.

Mine 1 year old still good to go. Beats carrying a milk crate up the hill for me. :p

To each their own. Why we are allowed to make our own choices in life. ;):crazy::laugh:

hcombii.jpg huskycombo18.jpg

Back