Husqvarna Cylinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roman Munoz

Reaction score
I put a post yesterday that but seems it's in wrong forum.
Sorry,I am new here and put it again.
Here is my experience.
Two weeks ago,I bought a cylinder piston kit online and was impressed with this for the cost, so I want to share my experience here.
My dad fried the piston and cylinder on his 2001 Husqvarna 350 last fall from having a bad intake boot.I knew it wasn't worth rebuilding with the cost of factory parts, but i figured i'd risk $30 on it.I seriously figured i would end up with a $30 paper weight.The new unit arrived in 3 days, fit right on, and fired up after several pulls. It has about 3 hours on the new kit, and dad says it runs like new.I am waiting to see the longevity of it.I also replaced the base gasket,and intake boot and clamp.(After some research i found out that this was an issue on saws made with the plastic boot clamp. Make sure you fix the cause of the problem)
This takes a bit of skill to do. Proper prep and install, clean surfaces, pre-lubed bearings, ect.Watch some high quality you-tube videos if needed.
Here is the picture of the piston I received.Well-made.
WVAOILg.jpg

The threads of that spark plug hole reeeally should have been protected by keeping a plug in them.
Hopefully the blaster didn't get pointed into the cylinder bore.
I think I'd look for where it sprayed through the plug hole and see if it damaged the plating inside.
The gasket surface on the bottom would get a look also.

I assume that's the old cylinder and just blasted to see how it would look.

I just bought the same saw for $20 with a fried P&C. This will be my first rebuild. The price of this kit is very intriguing.

Back