Husqvarna L77

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would imagine parts would be getting hard to find, depending on whats up with it, may be an easy fix or maybe not. Ive never messed with one either, so not much help haha.

Not exactly hard to work on (if you know how to deal with points and condensers) but spare parts range from merely uncommon to Bigfoot levels of elusive.
Most engine parts are shared with the far more common 480 and you'll have far more luck sourcing parts for that saw.
The only cylinder for these saws I've seen in recent time is pure China junk sold at Meteor prices while pistons aren't much of a problem (Golf sells them). It should have a Tillotson HS (cannot remember the exact model) carburetor which will rebuild nicely and for which rebuild kits are available.

It took a while, but I finally got around to finding the parts and starting on this old saw. It needed a muffler, top handle, fuel line, carb kit, and both anti vibe bushings. I replaced the fuel line using standard fuel line and a bushing from a Husqvarna 55 Rancher, I had to create the 2 bushings from 2 Stihl case bushings (one from a 029 another from another smaller saw). The rest I was able to find online. Got it all together yesterday and hope to crank it up tonight.

Whoops, forgot to finish the update on this one. I did finally complete it. I ended up resetting the metering lever (I must have been half asleep when I put it in) and after way too much time trying to tune it, found that the fuel filter had come off and clogged the carb screen. Once I cleaned that off and installed the new filter, it tuned right up. Kinda cool old saw. They certainly don't make them like this anymore.

Latest posts

Back