Husqvarna limiter cap ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stmonnat

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have 390xp that I recently put a modded muffler on. The H adjustment screw will only give me around a 3/4 turn because of the limiter caps. Does anybody know if they make a special screwdriver to get more adjustment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have 390xp that I recently put a modded muffler on. The H adjustment screw will only give me around a 3/4 turn because of the limiter caps. Does anybody know if they make a special screwdriver to get more adjustment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would go on ebay and order splined carb tool. Cheap and make adjustments easy.

I would go on ebay and order splined carb tool. Cheap and make adjustments easy.
This imo is the best and easiest way. I found that removing them completely allowed them to be turned much to easy and possibly turn from vibration. The ones on the rancher were metal and couldn’t be pulled out they had to be spun out with the jets entirely.

I purchased a set of those special screwdrivers to have them in-house when ready.

My 575xp was acting up in the springtime. I pulled the caps adjusted the carb now she runs great I put the caps back on.

Do to setting saws to summer and winter settings I been thinking about putting the limiter cap at the clockwise limit setting for the summer (leaner). Then in the fall with the cap on open it counterclockwise wise to the limiter(richer) for the winter setting. Just an idea.

If you have the tools, why not just tune them as needed. Doesn't matter where liniters engage on needle.

Just looking for a simpler way, every spring and every fall I’d readjust three saws, it’s the low speed more than the high speed that needs adjusting.

That reminds me I need to teach my sons the carb adjustments next.

When I would tell people there’s a winter and summer carb adjustment they would look like a deer caught in the headlites

I purchased a set of those special screwdrivers to have them in-house when ready.

My 575xp was acting up in the springtime. I pulled the caps adjusted the carb now she runs great I put the caps back on.

Do to setting saws to summer and winter settings I been thinking about putting the limiter cap at the clockwise limit setting for the summer (leaner). Then in the fall with the cap on open it counterclockwise wise to the limiter(richer) for the winter setting. Just an idea.
Bill good idea!! I have been thinking the same thing, or at least set it somewhere in the middle. That way if you don’t have the splined tool you can set for winter and summer like you said :)
I’m too lazy to dink around with it though, lol

The saw preforms different in the summer with the winter setting and visaversa, I hate running a saw where it’s not matching it’s capabilities. Time is money. I run my saws tuned to perfection.

Latest posts

Back