Husqvarna Made in Japan?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What I understood was that Stihl paid for strato technology royalties before Zenoah was bought by E-Lux. But I might be wrong.

I am glad that paid off for someone. I am, however, not impressed with the strato action on a bud's vacuum, but I do like the colors(Yes, this is her real vacuum over here in Ireland):

large.jpg

Sawtroll is far better at proper spelling and grammar than most native speakers are....and it's not his native language.

The best part is when Americans find out that what they spell and speak isn't English, but American English. Proper English can be markedly different. And Queens English/RP different again. I blame Noah Webster ;)

As an American Ex Pat, I find myself using a mix. Sometimes I type 'realise', sometimes 'realize'. In English, the "S" sound can be like a "z" - which is a "zed" here...er... it goes on and on...

Sometimes my "English" gets corrected, either by locals, the English, or Americans. If I am ornery(a word rarely used outside the US, I am finding) I usually ask them "In which English are you referring?" If they can't tell me, I ask them how it is they feel qualified to police the language.

Sawtroll is far better at proper spelling and grammar than most native speakers are....and it's not his native language.

No kidding. If all you got for ST is a misspelled word then stay on the porch---with me :) I don't agree with everything ST says but the man knows his ****.

The best part is when Americans find out that what they spell and speak isn't English, but American English. Proper English can be markedly different. And Queens English/RP different again. I blame Noah Webster ;)

As an American Ex Pat, I find myself using a mix. Sometimes I type 'realise', sometimes 'realize'. In English, the "S" sound can be like a "z" - which is a "zed" here...er... it goes on and on...

Sometimes my "English" gets corrected, either by locals, the English, or Americans. If I am ornery(a word rarely used outside the US, I am finding) I usually ask them "In which English are you referring?" If they can't tell me, I ask them how it is they feel qualified to police the language.
Don't forget Canadian English, EH. We too also say 'zed'.

Stihl doesn't mfg in Japan. Germany,Brazil,USA and China, Chains are made by the Swiss
China is for the pacific rim with the exception of a opening price point trimmer we'll be getting this year.
Echo is making engines in Japan and has shut down all the Shindawia operation but the engine facility, their shipping to I believe Lake Zurich, Il and marrying the plastic to the engine in final assembly. The plastic and overall construction of the 590 sure isn't up to par with it's predecessors imho, poor air filter design, just a cheaper feeling lighter plastic construction, definetly built to hit a price point. If it weren't for string trimmer and blower sales it wouldn't be a need to mess with the Echo line, the shop has carried it for 35 years, can't compete with internet pricing in many instances you can buy them as good as we can.
Yeah Our Rep brought one in during the summer. hopefully it'll sell.

Stihl does not pay Husky for any AT technology, in fact according to those at Stihl, Stihl was ahead of the game with the 270/280 platform testing the electronic solenoid to control carb functions way before it showed up on any Husky, need to check your source.........also the fuel injection that Stihl is using was first patented back in 1991. Keep dreaming................................
I guess if Husky is to ever enter the fuel injected market then they will have to fork over royalties to Stihl or sit in the corner. The cut off saws that are using the fuel injection have been bulletproof. Rumor has it we won't see it on saws until late fourth quarter this year or first quarter 2015. Simple to work on, that is if you ever need to. Echo has just about gutted Shindawia, in the last meeting they had a slide show of the operation, the only thing left at the Shinny facility that was up and running was the cylinder producing part of the plant according to the Echo wizards. They do produce a nice cylinder using the EDM process to shape ports and transfers, alot prettier than Mahle and Gilardoni both having ground ports.
Say it aint sooo!!! They have gutted Shindaiwa??? So even their their trimmers and blowers aren't Shindaiwa built anymore???? I know Echo had started mixing their junk into Shindaiwa's lineup but there are still some original Shindaiwas in there. What about the chainsaws sold abroad? Are those still Shindaiwa built or did they completely axe those completely?

Well, here is the inside scoop. I need to check in for some vision repair....................or quit speed reading MADE IN JAPAN on the ID tag

That is a orange Redmax hedge trimmer no doubt.

I do not like this merging and mixing thing going on lately. I want to know what I buy is actually the brand it says on the machine. At least Redmax Zenoah is owned by a company who seems to be letting it run on its own. Shindaiwa is getting slaughtered by Echo by what I hear and its sad. They used to make one heck of lineup of landscaping equipment that was 10:1 better than Echo. (I've had them all)

I have also noticed that my Redmax backpack blowers don't say made in Japan anymore...

The Japanese made some great quality stuff that used to fill the shelves here back in the 70's and 80's. In many cases, their stuff was better than ours. Now, shelves are full of crappy Chinese made stuff.

The Japanese made some great quality stuff that used to fill the shelves here back in the 70's and 80's. In many cases, their stuff was better than ours. Now, shelves are full of crappy Chinese made stuff.
Better having shelves full of crappy Chinese made stuff, than crappy US made stuff, cost much less that way. The industrial capacity in China is outstanding and they will make whatever we want to our standards. If "we" want crap then that's what we get. If our industries want quality, we can get that also.

What a contradication " INVEST IN AMERICA BUY AMERICAN MADE .......BUY A STIHL......VIRGINIA BEACH, VA HOME OF THE WORLD'S BEST SELLING SAW " I though Stihl was a german owned company ?

I know right. Just like Honda and Toyota are Japanese but make most of their cars in America that they sell here in America. Who knows what comes from where or who is even who anymore. This world is just one big cluster_.

What a contradication " INVEST IN AMERICA BUY AMERICAN MADE .......BUY A STIHL......VIRGINIA BEACH, VA HOME OF THE WORLD'S BEST SELLING SAW " I though Stihl was a german owned company ?

I agree completely. I live just across the Chesapeake Bay from VA Beach, where the Stihl factory is. Yes, they do build saws there and they do provide some good jobs, but the corporate profits still go back to Germany. They are not an American company like Poulan is.
It makes me a bit sick to hear people tell us to buy Stihl because it's "made in America".

Better having shelves full of crappy Chinese made stuff, than crappy US made stuff, cost much less that way. The industrial capacity in China is outstanding and they will make whatever we want to our standards. If "we" want crap then that's what we get. If our industries want quality, we can get that also.
This is very true, too. The chinese are capable of making very good stuff, but the demand is usually for cheap products, so that's what they make. People complain about Chinese "taking our jobs", but if you had ever been to China and see how hard those prople work to barely make ends meet, you'd quickly eat your words. I've been there twice, over all parts of the country, and those people kick our butts for their work ethic. We could learn a thing or two from them.

I personally prefer quality over crap, but I guess it's all in what you like.

It is, but they do at least assamble the smaller models (less than 65 cc) in the US as well, for certain markets + they have factories at least in Brazil and China, and likely more countries.

Latest posts

Back