Husqvarna & Oregon chain/bar compatibility

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captain_pea

Reaction score
This is a question from a relative novice so be kind in light of my ignorance.

I have a Husqvarna 350 which came with an 18 inch bar and chain.

I decided to get a 16 inch bar for it and went to the store and bought a Husqvarna HLN 250-66 bar. They didn't have any Husqvarna 16 inch chains so I looked and found an Oregon 16 inch that said on the package that it was compatible with a Husqvarna 350E - an S56 91 low profile.

I now am home and looking at the packages I see that the Husqvarna bar says it is 66 links and .325 pitch, whereas the Oregon says it is 56 links and pitch 3/8. They are obviously not compatible!??? Did that "E" on the 350E make it different from a 350 or is the info on the Oregon package wrong?

Here it is far easier to find Oregon chains than Husqvarna - can I get a different bar from Oregon and use this chain with a different bar on my 350? Or do I need a different Oregon chain AND bar combination for a 350. Or am I stuck with trying to find Husqvarna chains? Are Husqvarna chains worth the extra cost?

Thank you.

This is a question from a relative novice so be kind in light of my ignorance.

I have a Husqvarna 350 which came with an 18 inch bar and chain.

I decided to get a 16 inch bar for it and went to the store and bought a Husqvarna HLN 250-66 bar. They didn't have any Husqvarna 16 inch chains so I looked and found an Oregon 16 inch that said on the package that it was compatible with a Husqvarna 350E - an S56 91 low profile.

I now am home and looking at the packages I see that the Husqvarna bar says it is 66 links and .325 pitch, whereas the Oregon says it is 56 links and pitch 3/8. They are obviously not compatible!??? Did that "E" on the 350E make it different from a 350 or is the info on the Oregon package wrong?

Here it is far easier to find Oregon chains than Husqvarna - can I get a different bar from Oregon and use this chain with a different bar on my 350? Or do I need a different Oregon chain AND bar combination for a 350. Or am I stuck with trying to find Husqvarna chains? Are Husqvarna chains worth the extra cost?

Thank you.

Small bar mount, .325 66DL .050 or .058 gauge that you require for the bar that you purchased .. Decide if you want anti kick back or aggressive chain. Not anything to get flustered about just do a little homework ie contact your Husky dealer for advise. :clap: :clap:

The best chain for that size would be Stihl RSC. Short of that run some Oregon 20LP. Either chain is aggressive and will do a fine job. The 20LP can be bought on ebay for around $12 per loop. My Poulan runs that size.

im pretty sure you can look up how many links there is supposed to be and what pitch it should be and it should fit........hope this helps

Latest posts

Back