Husqvarna Practica 44

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DWilkison

Reaction score
So I recently bought a 1981 (I believe) Husqvarna Practica 44. Paid $5 for it. Owner said the shop couldn’t get it running.
I was able to get it running after going through the carb a few times.
Does anyone know the value of this saw? I have not been able to find any info on that on the internet. E8F9EEAA-C964-42DB-9771-69D30826AD1C.jpegF7753088-530D-4F01-9F24-7F56648D306C.jpegCEADF1A9-6007-4F2D-8FFD-C4E527AE83B4.jpeg

I inherited the same saw from my dad. The "white hats" are well respected good quality small saws here in northern Europe. Here 44's go for about 80-130€, don't know how much it is worth in USA though.

Its a perfect saw for a home owner with occasional needs for doing firewood or felling smaller trees. Lots of use value even though its not very valuable in euros/dollars.

I didn't get mine running either after it had sat in the woodshed for few years unused. Took it to shop and they didn't get it running either. They said parts are not available and its scrap and recommended me to buy a new saw. Took it home, cleaned it good, installed a carb kit and ran alkylate fuel through it and it started again and ever since it starts easily and runs strong every time! To me parts availability is not that bad either. They clearly just wanted to sell me a new saw.

It still has great compression and revs high even after 30+ years of firewood work. My dad never really cleaned it so it was filthy when I got it but it came out pretty nice. I bought a new Oregon bar and couple of chains to it and use it occasionally.

15008221.jpg

Been reading other posts on AS and it appears that these saws are worth a little bit they are not collector saws. I guess it's because they made too many of them and lots of them are still around, I have one myself, need to take a picture of it before it gets away. I'm guessing the value of the saw is between 200 and 300 dollars...

Thanks everyone for your responses.
Hopefully I just fixed the leaking oil pump. Still have to fill it up and run it. Thinking I’ll hang on to it for a while…

Back