Husqvarna Pricing??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superwd6

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
In Canada I mean. The new 555 list Price is $705 , 562xp $869 ? Now I see on the American site the 555 Is $629 and $7?? for the 562xp. My big question is how can Americans get 346xp for $500 and up here I bend over for $770 for the same 346. Are Canadians going to see a price drop across the board in 2012 or are these new saws cheaper for another reason??:msp_confused:

In Canada I mean. The new 555 list Price is $705 , 562xp $869 ? Now I see on the American site the 555 Is $629 and $7?? for the 562xp. My big question is how can Americans get 346xp for $500 and up here I bend over for $770 for the same 346. Are Canadians going to see a price drop across the board in 2012 or are these new saws cheaper for another reason??:msp_confused:

seems strange,with the two countries side by side,but if it makes you feel any better a 346 is $1299 Australian dollars here! and our dollar is worth more than the US atm and has been for a while.not sure on 555 or 562 prices,not game to ask and not sure if they are even out here.

Cheers Dave.

The difference pays for your Free Health Insurance. Ve Va La Canada!!

The price picture varies a lot between different markets - over here they cost about twise what they do in Canada...:rolleyes:

The brands charge what they believe they can get away with on each market.

The 555 is very well priced in Canada. Near $200 less than the 357 and 365. Nitice the price difference with the 555 is only $75 from that of the US price, versus near $300 for a 346!

I got my 555's in last week, and thus far it seems to be the ideal one saw plan, too bad I cant oerder them in .325 yet........................

The 555 is very well priced in Canada. Near $200 less than the 357 and 365. Nitice the price difference with the 555 is only $75 from that of the US price, versus near $300 for a 346!

I got my 555's in last week, and thus far it seems to be the ideal one saw plan, too bad I cant order them in .325 yet........................

My 560xpg came with .325 15" here, but I had it changed to 3/8 16" on the spot - .325 may make sence on the 555 though! :msp_smile:

The difference pays for your Free Health Insurance. Ve Va La Canada!!

Our income taxes and provincial taxes pay for our health care. Husqvarna's XP-line prices are corporate greed, nothing more. :angry:

As SawTroll said, they charge what they feel they can get away with.

The 555 is very well priced in Canada... Notice the price difference with the 555 is only $75 from that of the US price, versus near $300 for a 346!

At only 10% or so difference than the US it would appear that Husky corporate is beginning to see the light. Now if they would only do the same with the XP products.

Our income taxes and provincial taxes pay for our health care. Husqvarna's XP-line prices are corporate greed, nothing more. :angry:

As SawTroll said, they charge what they feel they can get away with.

Agreed on both points 100%

The "free" health care you all talk about in Canada is the taxman being our insurer, so every living breathing (and sometimes dead folk) pay day in and day out regardless if they use the service or not. At rates and fees that are greater than those south of the border.................but hey at least our beer tastes like beer!

Have to pay for your health care thru taxes from something...wonder if price of goods are taxed higher up there:msp_sneaky:

Have to pay for your health care thru taxes from something...wonder if price of goods are taxed higher up there:msp_sneaky:

We do pay for health care through something called higher income taxes and provincial/federal sales taxes on goods and services to the tune of 13% in most provinces.

Regarding higher prices on actual products, corporations do it because they think they can get away with it. Not all do though, some charge only a fair premium.

A MS261 sells for about $200 less than a 346XP here. I believe that in the US the 346XP is less expensive than the MS261, so please explain how your theory makes any sense.

:poke:

Latest posts

Back