Husqvarna vs Stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The SawTroll must still be asleep! I enjoy these brand bickering threads much more than the oil bickering threads. I'm really waiting for the 572 and 590 to show up to get AS back in the Stihl vs Husky spirit (although Stihl cheated on the 661 by going to spring AV and a more oversquare configuration!). I'm sure whichever cute little saw you get it will be just fine for its cute little jobs:D

Oh, and everybody knows Camaro's are better than Mustangs!

Im gonna go ahead and ask why no one has thrown Dolmar into the mix . They dont have any fancy advertising....or AT or M-tronic.....but you know what they do ? They run very well..and do there job !!
They offer magnesium crankcases form 2hp right on up to the top . Can Husky or Stihl do that ? NOPE ! Even though Im a Husky guy........i have to admit that Husky and Stihl's offerings for a fella looking for a nice small displacement (30cc to 45cc ) rear handle saw....well..there offerings are pathetic . Like its only a homeowner type that is in the market for a small displacement saw . Thanks for listening Dolmar....now if you could make your stuff a little lighter..that would make SawTroll happier :)

Last edited by a moderator:
All big sawmakers make a good saw and a cheaper homeowner saw, except maybe poulan now, they used to make a helluva saw.I've cut more wood with a green poulan than with any saw. Wish I could own one of each color. I don't have any experience with either of those saws mentioned, but wouldn't be scared to buy either one of em

Dolmar has been around for years was sachs-dolmar at one point. Only issue is finding someone who sells these and parts. Back in the day there where mainly 3 big saws in the U.S McCulloch Homelite and Poulan. They dominated the market for years but like anything that works good it eventually fades. From what research I have done Stihl owns a chunk of the market as well as Husky. There are only a few saw companies out there that aren't owned by a big saw corp.

026Pro is my favorite 50CC saw. definately not the fastest but rock solid performer, light, and reliable. many other saws have also proven to be this reliable stihl and husky.

I truly think you cant go wrong with either saw.

Im gonna go ahead and ask why no one has thrown Dolmar into the mix . They dont have any fancy advertising....or AT or M-tronic.....but you know what they do ? They run very well..and do there job !!
They offer magnesium crankcases form 2hp right on up to the top . Can Husky or Stihl do that ? NOPE ! Even though Im a Husky guy........i have to admit that Husky and Stihl's offerings for a fella looking for a nice small displacement (30cc to 45cc ) rear handle saw....well..there offerings are pathetic . Like its only a homeowner type that is in the market for a small displacement saw . Thanks for listening Dolmar....now if you could make your stuff a little lighter..that would make SawTroll happier :)
I ran Sachs Dolmar for years, and later Dolmar. Then all of the dealers around where I live went out of business and parts became difficult to come by. I hung on for several years, and then went to Stihl then later Husqvarna. Stihl builds a solid reliable pro grade saw, but so does Husqvarna, and the Husqvarna suits my hot rod nature.

Thanks Randy, feedback from someone with your level of experience is why I joined the site. Also, quoting from Stihl on M-Tronic on the 261 "... the M-Tronic adjusts the ignition timing in all operating modes." Now, do you know anyone who wants an almost new 441 pre M-Tronic? I need to take some pictures and list it on this website.
Mustang Mike
Mike,

I met Matt last year at Spike60's g2g and I believe I might be pretty local to you. You and Matt are quite welcome to run my 261C-M and my 441C-M anytime. Both saws have been flawless so far, the 261 has a surprising amount of grunt for a 50cc machine.

PM me if you want to make some test chips.

I ran Sachs Dolmar for years, and later Dolmar. Then all of the dealers around where I live went out of business and parts became difficult to come by. I hung on for several years, and then went to Stihl then later Husqvarna. Stihl builds a solid reliable pro grade saw, but so does Husqvarna, and the Husqvarna suits my hot rod nature.

Im a Husky guy as well . But it so happens that 2 Dolmar dealers have come to nearby towns in the last few years . So I figured Id give them a chance with my "small" saw needs . Turned out to be a good choice for me . I hope they can keep the dealer network ....its nice to have a choice thats not Husky or Stihl !!

Mike,

I met Matt last year at Spike60's g2g and I believe I might be pretty local to you. You and Matt are quite welcome to run my 261C-M and my 441C-M anytime. Both saws have been flawless so far, the 261 has a surprising amount of grunt for a 50cc machine.

PM me if you want to make some test chips.
Thanks, that is a very nice offer and I will keep it in mind and discuss it with Matt. I liked the feel of the 362 at the shop (did not run it), and with M-Tronic it should be a very nice saw. That post above from OZHOO on engine timing shows why the M-Tronic helps performance, even if the primary reason for it was emissions. From the feedback I have seen it worked well on both the 441 and 261. Thanks Again, I will be in touch.

Back