Husqvarna vs Stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's saying the 562 is 2 lbs lighter than a 044.

I don't have a good set of scales. Need to get some.

That's what I thought too, but I was just covering all of the bases.

I bought a scale by this same brand several years ago for 99 cents plus a few bucks shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Accuteck-Dr...ge-W-USB-AC-/390742803711?hash=item5afa1604ff

Mine only weighs up to 35lbs. I have compared to our PB postage scales at work and it is only .2oz off using a 10lb weight. I would buy another one in a minute.

MY uncle is in the market for a 50cc saw. Has his eye on 261c-m. I'm of course talking up the 550xp. He claims that the m- tronic advances timing, which it does, and that's why he'd prefer the stihl. I can't recall if the Swedish dream saw advances its timing? Does it boys? I tried calling Bob to ask him today, but his shop closes at noon and I missed him.

How many troubled MS216C-M threads have you seen Jon?
It didn't seem like the 550 had as many issues so I didn't include those or the 261 c-m. Of course, I don't read many threads about saws smaller than 70cc:D

Just wondering if 1% 0f 441's stall when you put them down vs 5% of 562's that don't like to start warm, or if the percentages are more similar. Either way won't hurt my feelings as I have more huskies than stihls due to the prices in the "pre-owned" market rather than a perceived performance advantage:(

According to local Stihl guru, the ignition module in both standard and M-tronic versions of the MS261 advances the timing in steps according to rpm's.
As does the AT husky's and non-AT Huskys ! As probably does Dolmar...and Echo Im sure !!

I sold a ported 75cc 365 after running the 562xp for awhile and I rarely run the ported 357xp anymore.
That should tell ya something. :D

Your comment set me on a quest and what I've learned should come as no real surprise.

The 562 uses the same technology as M-tronic. So there it is, the link between Autotune and M-Tronic is that M-Tronic is "Autotune Gen 1".

O

Both brands are great quality saws. This has little bearing on the thread subject, but I have found a lot more blown-up Huskys than Stihls, and I've had hundreds of each. I do however, have no preference of either.

The 562 uses the same technology as M-tronic. So there it is, the link between Autotune and M-Tronic is that M-Tronic is "Autotune Gen 1".
That wont ruffle any feathers !! :)

Uncle Mike, I know Bob will stand behind his saws. And if you want there's two fellow members that live 10 min from me. One has a 550xp, auto tune. The other 261c-m, M-tronic. We can run them the same day. If you like the auto tune, you know how I feel about the 562xp.

Uncle Mike, I know Bob will stand behind his saws. And if you want there's two fellow members that live 10 min from me. One has a 550xp, auto tune. The other 261c-m, M-tronic. We can run them the same day. If you like the auto tune, you know how I feel about the 562xp.
When is good for you? This Sun, I will be in LI. Also, a lot of "Looks" at the 441, but not a single response. I'm a little disappointed, thought I would at least get a low bid or something. Have to move that before I can do anything anyway.

MustangMike - Uncle Mike

I think the confusion here is that Stihl, at least the marketing dept, considers m-tronic to be an engine management system that includes the carb, the fuel metering electronics, and the ignition system. On the other hand, when discussing MT and AT here on AS, we generally are only referring to the fuel metering system, which, of course, has nothing to do with ignition timing advance.

Your comment set me on a quest and what I've learned should come as no real surprise.

O
That's what I thought, but never dug into it. Thanks for the info!

• Mastermind, I've asked Stihl several times about the supposed link between AT and M-tronic, they adimantly deny any involvement with Husky, Stihl says they developed thiers back with the 270 and 280 as test beds. They laugh when you ask them about the EU making them do it, they respond how would the EU enforce anything outside the EU like saws produced at VA Beach, where the majority will be produced, the 362,261,241. Their contoller runs a 125.00 ours on spring special is right at 600.00 with all the adapters and fuel injection set up cost us right at 800.00 when it came out. In the near future we are supposed to be able to buy a master coil that is blank and using the MCAT tool download a specific tune to the coil it'll allow minimun inventory on coils.

Where did this info come from? I'd like to see for myself that Stihl bought M-Tronic from Husky. M-Tronic works all the time, everytime. Why in the hell would Husky sell them that?
That is exactly what I was going to ask, Where did that info come from? (Thin air, I think). Anyway, thanks for the e-bay tip also. I though it would, but would rather sell the saw for less and not pay them.

Also, to pick your brain a bit, do you think the early Auto Tunes had less problems than the more recent ones?

Back