Husqvarna vs Stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ll tell you, I LOVE Husqy 3 series saws, but if I get a new one, I’ll go through it with locktite, first thing.
You have had several people tell you it's not an issue.. Perhaps you need to fill out a hurt feelers report?
Nope, no hurt feelers report needed. I'm too old old for that bs. You have your opinion, I have mine. Neither is more valuable than the other.

I had a terrible time with Stihl saws faster coming loose. When you need a productive day. The last thing we want is break downs. What the experiment proves? Screws coming loose all the time gets old fast. For what ever reason one brand will work great for one person our company just fine. After all the great advice we will spend money on stuff that did not live up to the legendary brand. And have major problems. No one buys a product first time prefect when entering a hobby or lifestyle. You figure it out with your money and time.

No hurt feelings here either. It’s not an opinion though. I’ve only owned about 20 or so saws, all brands, and only had one plague me with loose screws… my 395. Love the saw, but proves to me, it’s an issue. I rarely have issues with my equipment.

You need to ask yourself where can I get the best service? If a saw goes down and you need work done will the shop fix it for you right away or will it sit for a week on the floor? Will they give you a loaner for the day? Do they have common parts in stock? I agree with what Gord said, 3 series Husqvarna or an older Stihl, 200t for climbing 440, 460, 660, hard to beat those saws. They both made some great ones and some not so great ones.

Back