Hutzl is trying to put the competition out of business!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It's all fun to save on a saw and get what you think is a good deal, but when Stihl and Husqvarna are gone all you have left is that saw in the corner with the fried crank rod bearing that you can't change. I got a new ms180 motor from them and put it in the neighbors saw for him, he used it half a day and it locked up. The saw was properly vacuumed and passed all tests, no other parts were damaged at all and I pre-oiled all bearings on assemble.

I spent two weeks back and forth with -- you know rum proper oil, we send you new bearing:crazy: (lower rod bearing), you take many picture, you not assemble right:mad: you eat it American dog pig!!!!

It's in the corner somewhere, I no longer care. Point is, using a few parts to repair a good saw sometimes helps in a pinch, but most often the meat of the saw needs to be of quality or forget it.

You no get card for Christmas this year. I try not to buy chinese crap in anything. went in auto zone a few years ago and ask for U joints for an F 250, he brought them out and big as day printed on the package, made in china. I said you have any made here? No that's all we have. I said you can put that crap back on the shelf, this is going on a heavy truck that pulls a lot of weight and they are not just easy to replace. I'm not putting that china junk on and it fail. and went down to another parts store and got American made ones. would it have made a difference? I dunno but the American ones are still good.

Most of the stuff we buy nowadays is made in China, anyway – including the gadgets you type these messages on.

There's Chinese stuff with good QC and Chinese stuff with bad QC. Just like anywhere else. I can see trying to save American manufacturing jobs (good luck with that, better talk to the EPA, OSHA and about 15000 other state and fed agencies about that) but to just flat-out assume that everything made in China is garbitch isn't going to get anyone anywhere.

Also, I think it's "Huztl," not "Hutzl," speaking of attention to detail...just sayin

So how can they copy products when there is no original designer/builder?

I don’t get he big deal. I mean, we all know China was pumping out Baby Formula that was intentionally loaded with melanine killing hundreds of babies and putting hundreds of thousands in the hospital. . . . If they don’t care about human life you think they care about your saw parts?

Look at all the cheap ATVs that's running an old copy of a Honda engine, just make it cheaper, thinner metal and remove the balancer from the engine so it shakes everything apart, make make the frame out of guess work and put it together with Flex Glue. It with hold about the same as the crappy welds.

Steve

I worked for a top ten engineering group in the country as a leadtech on the r&d test floor in the lab. I assisted in new product development, life testing and failure annalisys. We did all the new product development, tested it and sent it over seas to be manufactured by a sister company. Then they sent the new product back to us so we tested there manufacturing. Once it’s passed all the development, engineering changes it went into production over seas. My point is it’s probably Americans doing the engineering on a lot of products that says made in China. These companies here are trying to cut manufacturing costs to survive. Trust me we’re teaching these backward countries how to use the modern technology to manufacture products too.

Example, fishing reels from China cost $12 for a baitcasting reel. They once were manufacturing this reel for a big name company. The Chinese company learned the process and branched off on there own. You can buy a more expensive reel non name brand for $12 made in China. Such a deal for us.

Just wait till China really kicks in cloning things this is the beginning.

Fact, I’m a class A machine builder, I can build anything on the planet. The first recession in ‘83 cost me my job. The machine building business has been taken over by cheaper imports from Japan. At 21% interest rates what company in the US is going to purchase and finance a new one million dollar machine? I worked three months in ‘84, three months in ‘85, three months in ‘86. That’s $10k income each year. I had Husqvarna chain saws and went selling firewood. My point is wait till the Chinese invasion really kicks in.

I was very fortunate the engineering job lasted till I retired. The more life hit me with road blocks the more those wood chips were flying. One boss asked me how I made it? My saws were always sharp and ready and I could eat my lunch anywhere.

Never give up and let them beat you down.

Before we had the computer aided design things from japan(example) motorcycles were over built. Now using computers to design we can make things with less material. It’s a thin line between what works and failure. Look at my 25 year old homelite leaf blower it still runs. My sons 25++ year old wild thing chainsaw it still runs. My older Husqvarna ran for ever.

Look at things today we’re a throw away society.

Steve I’ll take two cheeseburgers. Lol

China has been stealing tech and manufacturer's designs for half a century. It's a really great area over there. There are store fronts in the larger cities that are an 'Apple' store that sells 'Apple' products. But it's not produced by Apple. Very close inspection by a professional can tell you that it's copied technology. For all intents and purposes, the copied electronics are every bit as good as original Apple but the there was no R&D overhead buy this counterfieter so they can copy and reproduce at a much lower cost....passing the savings to the consumers.

I haven't seen Huetzl products but I suspect that their products have the ability to be just as good as Stihl od who ever else they RIP their tech from.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The main problem is American companies need to show there shareholders/investors profits. If they do everyone at the corporate level and ceo get bonuses. My ceo got a $750k bonus while the blue collar workers got nothing. Part of that profit was from layoffs. It’s the American way. Don’t think with the dirt cheap imports someone is making money unless it’s cheaper so they get there foot in the door first. Then the prices will go up once we’re hooked on buying them.

There cloning chainsaws isn’t too far away from being perfect. They need an education about offering a quality product. Someone needs to learn how to read a micrometer, measure squish plus understand it.

The Japanese division of my company want quality and the best quality product for there yen. They accept nothing less. My engineering group learned to improve from the Japanese. It’s a disgrace to have a product fail in Japan.

The Japanese Ripped of our products too but they focused on making them a better quality at a affordable price in the beginning. It’s not the little penny plastic junk cars we once played with.

In many ways you hit the nail on the head Bill. I watched time and again out in AZ. A construction company would hire illegals for framing or drywall etc. three months later that illegal had his brothers and friends across the border and they were under bidding the contractor and doing the same jobs without paying any insurance or taxes.

When I went to the local country fairs and raced my saws in the speed cutting when I was against a saw from Japan i took out my vengeance on it I destroyed them. Lol now but it felt good to spank them.

When I went to the local country fairs and raced my saws in the speed cutting when I was against a saw from Japan i took out my vengeance on it I destroyed them. Lol now but it felt good to spank them.
Let one thing be very very clear; Japan is not, never will be, and doesnt want to be anything like China! the Japanese build incredible products, backed by legitimate R&D, with solid support that the AMERICAN consumer can rely on. The Japanese build top tier products in nearly every way, in alot of different sectors. I seek out Japanese made products. A pet peeve of mine is how people will interchangeably refer to China and Japanese products as if they are anything alike. They are NOTHING alike.

Stick a Honda 6.5 hp engine and a China clone side by side and see which one lasts the longest, won't be the knockoff. Working on a China clone Honda 125cc engine now, cheap made, thin cases. Chain came off and took out the flywheel cover, took out the pickup coil and busted the magneto bracket, never seen a Honda damaged just from a chain being thrown.

Steve

While you were running your Husky, no doubt? See the irony there?

Back