Huztl / Farmertec ms 440

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are lots of opinions out there, take them all with a grain of salt. All my Huztl kit saws (3 of them) run and will continue to run. None were tested with a MightyVac. For each of my kits, I ran right out to the OEM store to replace the decomp valve. Not only does the one shipped with the kit have an exit port that is too large (which is why they close on every pull rather than when the engine pops), but the black end button came off of one of mine. That was enough for me to replace them all, since the valve stem can fall into the cylinder without the button being there.

Anyway, lots of opinions on here, including mine. Take what you want, leave the rest. Cylinder base gasket or not? Gasket sealer on the case gasket or not? Kit-supplied spark plug or not? On and on. Also, lots of people on here proclaim to be experts and that their way is the only way. Take that or leave it too. Lots of good opinions on here - some are even correct (in MY opinion).

As they say "your mileage may vary"

It's your kit, do it the way you want to.

Lots of nasty people too.
I didn't think any of that was nasty, everybody here behaves themselves very well most of the time, it was just stated that we all tend to give free advice very freely, and that the value of that advice must be weighed by the recipient.
It could be worth a lot more than you pay for it but you have to judge for yourself.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L22 using Tapatalk

I think

I this case I was asked a question and I answered it. I was not giving advice freely.

The kits are fun.

Point was I didn't think anybody was being nasty. I meant free advice wasn't paid for that's all. This site is for fun and free answers, and occasional banter....

No kidding? Sorry. Guess that's why you don't say things like that in mixed company. You never know, i will try my best to keep that in mind

Yeah I don't know why we celebrate it on different days, maybe it falls on a national holiday somewhere? And it's Monday morning here as well, almost time for a coffee.

Oh my I forgot. Buy a mityvac before you buy the saw. You have to do the tests don't let anyone tell you otherwise. My saws work and will continue to work. They all were tested
I this case I was asked a question and I answered it. I was not giving advice freely.

You WERE giving advice and it was wrong.

Bedford, I have been down this road with you before, as have others here. I'm not going to reply to you anymore. You have made some very nice videos to help people with their kits. You have run interference with Huztl on a number of issues. For these things, you are to be commended. But come on man, some self-awareness that you are not God's gift to this cause would sure be nice.

Since you always have to have the last word, I know you'll be along to respond shortly. Don't let me down.

Really the only part I don't trust is the AM wrist pin bearing. As that can cause major failure to the saw and it's a known common failure. So I'm going back in 2 of my 660's and replacing them. This is after I've seen members on this and the other forum report and show pics of the AM bearing fail.
When it fails there's no warning. Atleast with a seal or gasket failure the saw won't tune or act right first.

This is another component that sounds like it will be worth using OEM. Nice tip. Thanks.

Really the only part I don't trust is the AM wrist pin bearing. As that can cause major failure to the saw and it's a known common failure. So I'm going back in 2 of my 660's and replacing them. This is after I've seen members on this and the other forum report and show pics of the AM bearing fail.
When it fails there's no warning. Atleast with a seal or gasket failure the saw won't tune or act right first.

No problem. At the time I didn't know but I kinda don't mind pulling the
top end. I want to see how everything is doing anyway.

No problem. At the time I didn't know but I kinda don't mind pulling the
top end. I want to see how everything is doing anyway.

It might be funny that these saws might last as long as the real thing for a fraction of the price.

If you don't mind me asking what oil mix are you running.

In my big saws I run 32:1 klotz kl200. 40:1 would also be a good choice with most good quality oils. I've found almost everyone has their favorite oil so keep with what you can get easy and like.

Latest posts

Back