Huztl / Farmertec MS 460 Clone

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6DD51968-4776-4A4C-A726-06A7F9975F4E.jpeg
I just finished my Huztl MS 460 kit.

Tbohn, remeber where this little guy goes?? It came in the same bag as the washers for behind the clutch and in front of the sprocket as well as the c-clip for that side.

I know not everything in the kit may come with the other stuff assembled at that time, but so far it has kind of seemed that way except the bag of bolts and bag of rubber. Wierd to me it’s the only thing in that bag that may not go in that area.

I built a genuine 046 before but cannot recall where I may or may not have installed a clip like this. Hoping your memory of assembly is clearer than mine. This I beleive is the same Farmertec kit you assembled.

Thanks for any help.
Bruce

That clip goes onto the crankshaft to keep the worm gear off the seal.
Thanks Ozhoo. You are the man. I thought about that too and said to myself, well there wasnt one in that other picture posted. Didn’t see it in the manual either in pump install section, but I must have missed it.

Isn’t it always 3 steps forwards 2 steps backwards. At least this one is an easy go back in and pop it on there.

I gotta cover it with a paper towel for now. Need a nap and then work tonight, I’ll get back to it later this week or next. I wanna go back in now but I must stop myself for the time being.

Thanks again
Bruce

That clip goes onto the crankshaft to keep the worm gear off the seal.
I don't like this design, I feel like it is a fail point... Anybody have any trouble with this coming off, wearing into the seal, or anything else?IMG_20200223_090105989.jpg IMG_20200223_090105989.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200223_090124864.jpg
    IMG_20200223_090124864.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 14
I finally got my Farmertec 460 running and cutting.

It took drilling the decomp bleed port to .060”, an elastostart handle and an OE coil to get it where I could pull it over.

First start Friday with a dribble and then later from cold with the choke.

You have to pull like you mean it. [emoji35]

b81f131c597f05b1bb4e1ea6eafd3c46.jpg

It took drilling the decomp bleed port to .060”, an elastostart handle and an OE coil to get it where I could pull it over.

The one I built was tough pull as well. I put the big bore on it, and had my 660 clone right beside it (which also is a big bore) the 460 had substantially higher compression. I broke the rope the first time I tried to pull it without the decomp.... I can (but don't) start the 660 without the decomp valve. I was disappointed with the 460 I wish it came with the larger spikes like the 660 does. The single inside spike only is a joke for that saw.

What’s the comp?

Finished mine a few weeks ago. Have yet to break it in at all. Just a few heat cycles on it for now. I shared a link to a video in the other 460 thread I was involved in. I also share it here.

I as well need the decomp valve to start it. I broke two aftermarket elasto start handles, one generic one, and have another generic on it now. All of them cracked the plastic when inevitably the handle got ripped out of my hand and it was pulled back into the saw. Now that it starts easy I’m going to put a real elasto start on it, next time I’m at the dealer I’ll get one.

This video is a week or two old. She now has real dawgs and a different muffler cover. Elasto start handle still to come. Anyway, here’s mine running. Still a bit rich of course for the time being.

Finished mine a few weeks ago. Have yet to break it in at all. Just a few heat cycles on it for now. I shared a link to a video in the other 460 thread I was involved in. I also share it here.

I as well need the decomp valve to start it. I broke two aftermarket elasto start handles, one generic one, and have another generic on it now. All of them cracked the plastic when inevitably the handle got ripped out of my hand and it was pulled back into the saw. Now that it starts easy I’m going to put a real elasto start on it, next time I’m at the dealer I’ll get one.

This video is a week or two old. She now has real dawgs and a different muffler cover. Elasto start handle still to come. Anyway, here’s mine running. Still a bit rich of course for the time being.

Get a ms 460 d handle there great

How you all making out. I want to buy one.
Mine has been good so far. Just deleted the decompression valve, it failed pretty quickly. Everything else has been pretty good. There’s a few good 460 posts with info and knowledgeable guys following them on here. You’ll see me recently on at least two.

I may buy another when on sale again just to port another and take it a bit further than my current two.

Latest posts

Back