Huztl FarmerTec What Saw Build Kit Would You Like to See Them Make?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With a completely copied saw?
The only thing protected by law at this time, on 660 era saws and older, is the trademark and maybe a year left on the toolless fuel/oil caps. I believe they came out with those in the late 90's. Everything else is free game because it's been over 20 years on the patents. If that does not hold true, things have changed a lot since I last looked into it .

I lied to you guys. I assembled my kit 10 years ago. These saws last forever :D if you guys wanna send me your AM badges i'll run them lol

99380145b02b8de9aabd27f66dba945a.jpg

I had a project that I had been meaning to get to and today I went by my third dealer this week to get those stihl parts. my br600 had never the fuel lines replaced and I only run it during leaf season and it has never given me a ounce of trouble so I was giving back. So I had collected all the lines, connector, gasket, vent, filters, impulse line and the pump. I was pulling it out of the bags and the sun caught CHINA on the bottom of the pump and I just freaked a little. That pump was almost 9 bucks and why is it better than farmertec's. These are gas items, some of them wet items. The hoses from time to time I see a difference and its widely know I am a Farmertec fan giving them credit for beating the pants off of stihl in the price game. But when I hear buy oem parts its better, as of today, in my eyes, that is on a case by case basis. I should have went with a farmertec, that rubber or plastic cover is coming from material produced in china (and assembled)china.jpg

I had a project that I had been meaning to get to and today I went by my third dealer this week to get those stihl parts. my br600 had never the fuel lines replaced and I only run it during leaf season and it has never given me a ounce of trouble so I was giving back. So I had collected all the lines, connector, gasket, vent, filters, impulse line and the pump. I was pulling it out of the bags and the sun caught CHINA on the bottom of the pump and I just freaked a little. That pump was almost 9 bucks and why is it better than farmertec's. These are gas items, some of them wet items. The hoses from time to time I see a difference and its widely know I am a Farmertec fan giving them credit for beating the pants off of stihl in the price game. But when I hear buy oem parts its better, as of today, in my eyes, that is on a case by case basis. I should have went with a farmertec, that rubber or plastic cover is coming from material produced in china (and assembled)View attachment 568966

BUT, with a stihl tech supervising the facility and with guidlines in materials to be used from stihl. i've used some primer bulbs AM that were ok too but most of them harden up prematurely and/or crack. so how much do hutzl pay you bedford? lol i bought 5 unlimited hutzl coils for husky 3 series. one didn't work, would fart but not run, all others worked but died suddenly and now just this AM my last one i was really feeling good about advanced itself so far it was sputtering to all hell and then loud backfire killing the saw instantly. never seen any AM coil do that. thought i blew it up but it had compression so tried to restart. it then wouldn't 4 stroke at all even tuned down at just over 13k. OEM coil and all is well. i like hutzl for what they are and anyone should but anyone who thinks they are even kinda close to the real thing has to get their head out of their ass. the only thing i may like more are the aluminum 372 carb mounts i saw in one of walts vids. that is just going by walts opinion though as my order of a couple of them hasn't arrived yet. other then that nothing from them exceed OEM stihl or husqvarna quality so quit pretending like it does! lol

I was simply saying cost is revlant. If they are made in China out of Chinese sourced materials chances are ones not worth more than the other. I was not talking about junk. I am waiting on a coil to making 038 kit run myself, there is always one thing that's out of whack. Still waiting and like you still buying.

I looked after I wrote the post they don't even make one. Stens does and I quit looking after that. I was making a point on made in china

See the complete 070 powerhead on Huztl's website for $379?
Yes, I also saw it this morning. Quality seems to be quite good from the pictures supplied, although the fun-factor is obviously reduced since it is already assembled.

Yes, I also saw it this morning. Quality seems to be quite good from the pictures supplied, although the fun-factor is obviously reduced since it is already assembled.
Agreed. I think I'll wait for a kit or for a reduced price for the complete saw.

$300 delivered reduced enough for you? KC seems to like his for the price.

I am not sure that I need a 070 but that has never stopped me before. I would probably spend $300 for a reputable 070 clone. It looks like his came with a bar and chain too(?)

I am not sure that I need a 070 but that has never stopped me before. I would probably spend $300 for a reputable 070 clone. It looks like his came with a bar and chain too(?)
I think he already had the E bar iirc. Of the few Alibaba saws that do come with bars, they usually include fairly short ones for shipping purposes...not really useful other than break-in. The biggest appeal to the 070 for me is that after a couple parts are bolted on, you have an 090 milling powerhouse.

First off they are making a drill attachment for the chain saw. That really would come in handy anytime you don't have access to electricity, or like putting up fence for example. There is a winch that can be coupled with a saw that might be interesting what do you think?

On the Husky models...if you could choose between these 4 husky models which ones do you find worth having and why do you feel that way. 266, 288, 445 or a 455. They will choose two out of that lot. Which should they choose?

On the Stihl's I think we need a top handle saw. I was told there was an issue with the 200t handle at the AV and they were looking at that. There are other top handle models the 193t comes to mind, what top handle models would you like to see? How about other Stihl models the 070 is coming so we need to let them know what other models we would like to see, because it takes months to get one to market. I don't think they can copy the new ones.

266 and 288, there is already an abundance of plastic case clamshell stuff in the market. I would bring back something worthwhile were it up to me. I bet a 288 kit alone would outsell both 445 and 455 kits combined.

They have introduced a built 070. That is very confusing. I was told that they did not like complete saws because of regulations. I guess now that there is no epa they must have reconsidered. I hope they do a 070 kit, new kits may be over in favor of complete saws.

I haven't done a kit as of yet but I plan to because the idea of putting my own saw together from a box of brand new parts just sounds like alot of fun to me. Also would be interesting to me to compare it to the Husky counterparts to the kit that I have. Another thing that appeals to me, it's cool project I would like to do with my son. What a cool teaching tool we can use to introduce the next generation at a price that makes it very affordable for almost anyone. I hope they don't discontinue the kits.

Latest posts

Back