Huztl MS660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fellas I think they are out of the kit business. I am not saying they will pull the current kits. I don't think we will see new kits. Why would they have a built 070 and a kit?

KimballCody used Alibaba
The last time I looked at 070s on Alibaba there were many companies selling many different colors. I don't think they are all created equal. I think many of them had bars and chains too. Also, most had minimum order quantities.

The last time I looked at 070s on Alibaba there were many companies selling many different colors. I don't think they are all created equal. I think many of them had bars and chains too. Also, most had minimum order quantities.
You can filter "min 1" to find sellers allowing orders of 1 saw and don't pay too much attention to the color in the picture. Buyers have noted that they were expecting green or blue saws and received orange. Color likely depends on what collor pellets the plastic dept received on the last shipment. Alibaba takes a little more commitment than sites we are all familiar with but, it can pay off with good buys if you have the time.

I filled the bar oil a couple days ago and made a couple cuts with the saw. I went back to it yesterday to check on something and there was a small puddle of oil under it. It Does nt appear to be leaking from the cap, where else should I look for a leak?

Is there any reason to think they will stop selling the kits they make now? If so, I may order a couple now to tinker with later.

I filled the bar oil a couple days ago and made a couple cuts with the saw. I went back to it yesterday to check on something and there was a small puddle of oil under it. It Does nt appear to be leaking from the cap, where else should I look for a leak?

Is there any reason to think they will stop selling the kits they make now? If so, I may order a couple now to tinker with later.

Crank halves? Wet? Or bar studs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I said what I did because it conflicts with what they have said to me. They might have changed direction or maybe they just offered a 070 assembled. They do appear in their wholesale catalog. I asked and he did not answer so he is busy or did not care to answer. I know it's worked out well for them. Last year people were not talking about them or checking their website daily to see what they have done. I hope not, I really do. He is smart. He might have done this so I would say what I did and you would run to the website and buy before they run out.

If you scroll down to the bottom of their home page you will see Alibaba and Made in China mentioned and you know they sell on eBay and they sell under about 4 names just on eBay and I bet at least 6 on each on the other two sites I just mentioned. It's a good way to get more money some folks just would pay more to not build. I wonder how long one would last you did not build. I guess we will learn in the coming months

since you just built your saw I would mention the seal between the pump and the hose, it's easy to over look.
View attachment 570479

The seal is sitting beside it
Nothing goes between the pump and the hose. That seal goes between the pump and the output into case. Your saw would leak like a sieve without it there.

I looked on Alibaba for 070 saws. One called something like Green Garden has minimum quantity of two for $200 each and $139 each shipping. They include a 36 inch bar and if I remember correctly. $339 with bar doesn't sound too bad.

Ok... so I haven't posted in YEARS... I became "the boss," things got intense, and I had to put away most of my hobbies, including chainsaws. I suspect many of you are well aware of the phenomenon. But things have eased up (not the boss anymore, rather relieved about that), I'm doing a little lurking, and I even just did a full rebuild on an 026 for a buddy. I LOVE this thread. I'm going to order one, it looks super fun! But, being of mediocre intelligence, after having read all 130 pages, I'm still a touch confused about exactly where to order one. I was just going to use the Huztl website.... is there something better?

Nice to see a few old faces.

I definitely put the seal between the pump and the case (not the hose). I looked at it more closely and it looks like it is just coming from the oiler hole.

There must be a vent for the oil tank, right? So that excessive pressure/vacuum won't build up when temps change. Is the vent in the lid? If so, maybe I'll just get a set of OEM lids, the gas lid leaks a little too.

On another note, when I was looking it over today and trying to find the leak, I noticed that the AV on the top by the carburetor (the one with the metal bracket with 2 bolt holes) has completely separated. The rubber is in no way connected to the metal anymore :-( I ran the saw 1 time to try to tune it up and the AV mount came apart. Has anyone had good luck with a farmertec one? Should I give them another shot or just go OEM?

20170404_215831.jpg I am glad that was not the problem. Here is the page out of the service manual talking about the vent. My AV there feels like a steel plate with a rubber plug in it. Have not seen an issue but yours may be the exception.

Attachments

• 660 oil vent.pdf
    44.9 KB · Views: 10
I definitely put the seal between the pump and the case (not the hose). I looked at it more closely and it looks like it is just coming from the oiler hole.

There must be a vent for the oil tank, right? So that excessive pressure/vacuum won't build up when temps change. Is the vent in the lid? If so, maybe I'll just get a set of OEM lids, the gas lid leaks a little too.

On another note, when I was looking it over today and trying to find the leak, I noticed that the AV on the top by the carburetor (the one with the metal bracket with 2 bolt holes) has completely separated. The rubber is in no way connected to the metal anymore :-( I ran the saw 1 time to try to tune it up and the AV mount came apart. Has anyone had good luck with a farmertec one? Should I give them another shot or just go OEM?

Now that you say that after I first started mine up for a while put some oil in it it seem to ooze out of there for a while. It seemed to fix itself last night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if you fill the tank too much and don't run the saw if the oil blocks up the vent. Otherwise, maybe my vents not working right, its not a big deal, just have to remember to store it on a drip pan in the garage. But I'll se if there is something obvious.

Latest posts

Back