Huztl MS660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Contact huztl they have been very good to me they shipped me a cylinder that wasn't tapped for the decomp.i emailed them sent photos to another address they requested they sent me two pistons and another cylinder another order they sent the wrong part's and are sending me another order right now.
Only downside is waiting sometimes over two weeks.

Although I ordered via UK eBay (machinerypartsstore) I suspect it's the same huztl outfit in Hong Kong. In any case I received a very apologetic email from the seller for the mistake and say that they have already dispatched the replacement cylinder. I can't fault their customer service so far and hopefully in 2 weeks or so I should be all sorted.... fingers crossed.

Although I ordered via UK eBay (machinerypartsstore) I suspect it's the same huztl outfit in Hong Kong. In any case I received a very apologetic email from the seller for the mistake and say that they have already dispatched the replacement cylinder. I can't fault their customer service so far and hopefully in 2 weeks or so I should be all sorted.... fingers crossed.
There is some great American and Chinese companies with good customer service I've had no bad with the chinese and many with American companies the gun company of kimber of America can suck it lol

On my kit 066, I had the same decomp valve failure yesterday that others have had.

I had been having the same problems others have noted here - having to push the decomp valve before each pull of the starter. On one of those pulls, the valve stem popped up and stopped like it usually does, but the black button kept on going and sailed about 6 feet away. Interestingly (to me anyway), after removing the valve, I pushed the black button back on the stem and now can't get it back off for love nor money. Not exactly sure what the failure mode is, as the button popped off of a cold engine that hadn't been started yet (as in not hot yet).

I did see however that without the black button, there is nothing but a detent to keep the valve stem from falling into the cylinder. That's not OK with me, so an OEM valve will be installed.

Just keep an eye on yours.

That's the first thing i replace or delete too many problems with them.

I eliminated the decomp valve on the 044 I built, but the 066 has more resistance to the pull-starter than I care to deal with without the decomp.
Absolutely I've been working on some 372 china saws 50mm no decomp but the 52 big bore is a handful i know the 660s will be fun to start as well lol

Just ordered my kit today from Huztl and also ordered my 56mm cylinder and piston kit. I chose the EasySaw/HyWay brand due to the excellent thickness of the Nikasil plating and casting quality the seller showed me. Also it comes with the circlips which have the ears removed for less rotating mass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just ordered my kit today from Huztl and also ordered my 56mm cylinder and piston kit. I chose the EasySaw/HyWay brand due to the excellent thickness of the Nikasil plating and casting quality the seller showed me. Also it comes with the circlips which have the ears removed for less rotating mass.

When you get it I'd be interested to see what you have for Freeport if any.

I got my Huztl ms660 kit last week was missing two m6 screws for muffler and the chain roller catcher thing, they are sending them to me ,other than that got it together in 3 hours, passed vacuum test & got it running, running good but the carb is a pain in the but to adjust, going to put a tillotson hs-320a on her this weekend, that should make it easier to adjust for the proper tune.

I ordered a 365/372 kit with the 52mm big bore cylinder 10 days ago. It took 3 days for them to ship it out because they were missing parts. I hope they got everything in the box. Listening to all your comments of missing parts I don't have high hopes, lol
A couple more days will tell all, it's leaving Los Angeles headed to Idaho.

I ordered a 56mm EasySaw piston and cylinder kit so I'll gladly part with my 54mm piston and jug for a nominal cost when my kit arrives for anyone interested

I got my Huztl ms660 kit last week was missing two m6 screws for muffler and the chain roller catcher thing, they are sending them to me ,other than that got it together in 3 hours, passed vacuum test & got it running, running good but the carb is a pain in the but to adjust, going to put a tillotson hs-320a on her this weekend, that should make it easier to adjust for the proper tune.

Keep me posted on the results with the Tilly carb. I was considering the same idea.

I order my 660 kit and it turns out huztl shipped me a piston for a 54 mm ms 460. I realize the skirt is shorter than the ms 660 piston but I have a parts 660 saw I'm putting together, can I run a 54mm ms 460 piston in the 660 cylinder?

Probably not. The dimension from the wrist pin to the bottom of the skirt and from the top of the piston to the wrist pin all have to match to the jug. In a 2 stroke that determines the timing and whether or not there is free port.

I have already contacted Huztl and have the correct piston inroute but I wonder if the saw would even run with the 460 54mm piston Where does the length of the piston skirt come into play? I understand the tolerance for too long of a skirt hitting the crank but what would a shorter skirt affect? And would the difference in wrist pin to top of piston (I assume shorter distance than a 54mm 660 piston) affect the combustion?

If the piston skirt is too short then when the piston is at TDC you can have freeport. The piston skirt is supposed to close off the exhaust port at TDC meanwhile, the intake port is open. If the skirt is too short it could leave the exhaust port open slightly while the intake port is open. It may run ok like this or it may not.

As far as height to top of piston, it is similar issues, the ports will open and close at different degrees before and after TDC. It could also cause issues with either very high or low compression. You probably won't damage anything if you try it, but it may not run well.

Throw it together and see how it runs... maybe it'll work fantastic.

Latest posts

Back