Huztl MS660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I contacted huztl:
Dear sir,
Thanks for your business.
We are having the National Holiday for 7 days, including the logistics company. Thank you, Lynn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Typical Chinese. I was told things were delayed because they were moving warehouse locations. National day is Oct. 1. As far as I know it's not a 7 day holiday. Huztl shipped several things to me last week and today as well...it's Monday Oct. 3rd there right now...mid morning.

I just wished that they'd tell the same lie.

d18cf1d8f21382f61d1d8ad05369cd02.jpg
I had to check up on that. they have a holiday every week.

Couple questions. Free porting- when the inlet side opens before the exhaust closes? And has any one got any of the other 'stihl' kits or just 660's?
I understand freeporting as when the you have an open passage between the intake and the exhaust port through the crankcase at the same time. So on my 56mm kit, when the piston is TDC, there is a small gap under the piston on the exhaust side. At this point the intake cycle has just completed sucking in the air/fuel mixture. The pressure may still be slightly negative in the crankcase due to the flow resistance of the intake (filters, carb, carb boot,...). The exhaust may positive due to resistance of the exhaust muffler. I say may because TDC occurs when we are at the very end of the intake portion of the cycle and the exhaust portion of the cycle almost 250 degrees earlier so the exhaust pressure should be near its minimum.
All of this happens in a very short period of time and is very dependent on the flow properties of the intake and exhaust. On my saw, the gaps starts opening at about 8 degrees before TDC and closes at about 8 degrees after TDC. If I am running at 13,000 RPM, I will freeport for about 0.2 ms (.0002 seconds). I have no idea how this will effect the performance of the saw. I am confident that not having the 0.5mm (~20mil) gasket that came with the kit will help with compression.

We'll see if orders get shipped

They'll ship, but they likely won't ship any kits for at least another week. I don't think that we're at risk of being ripped off, they have too many parts available in the US and too high an Ebay rating to be ripoff artists....but their concept of "expedited" and "customer service" still needs working on.

I'll let you know when my order status changes.

I'm not worried about getting ripped off yet. They've contacted me twice last night At 3am. I think their a 1/2 day behind us

I ordered a week ago some parts from westmachinery through ebay,the haven't sent anything yet.They told me that they delay because their factory is moving to another location.Anyway,i am thinking to order the 361 kit from Huztl.It is a little less than 200$ shipped to Greece(~135$ the kit and i think ~75$ the shipping).I am planning to run the saw as is and replace any broken parts with oem in the future.Question for the guys who allready have the 660,is there any mods that need to be done to the cylinder?I don't want to build a hot rod saw,just a "reliable" runner.If i assemble the parts just like they are,will it be ok?I don't mind to modifie the throttle linkage or the tank assembly to fit,i just want to avoid any mods to the cylinder like beveling the ports because i neither have the tools nor the knowledge.If the 361 worth the trouble,next order will be the 660 kit.

The port chamfer hasn't been up to standard for at least one person on the 660. I would run it and if it grenades replaces it with a highway kit.

Not sure on the 361. But on the 660 Some have put it together with no mods to the cylinder. Mine I felt it needed to be done. When I slid the ring in the cylinder and pushed it up with the piston mine would catch some on the exhaust port roof. It didn't after I chamfered.

The port chamfer hasn't been up to standard for at least one person on the 660. I would run it and if it grenades replaces it with a highway kit.

The hayway, nwp or meteor might be a good upgrade if you have problems. This is not my video. And all Chinese cylinders are not bad as I'm not bashing. Just some things to look for.

I ordered a week ago some parts from westmachinery through ebay,the haven't sent anything yet.They told me that they delay because their factory is moving to another location.Anyway,i am thinking to order the 361 kit from Huztl.It is a little less than 200$ shipped to Greece(~135$ the kit and i think ~75$ the shipping).I am planning to run the saw as is and replace any broken parts with oem in the future.Question for the guys who allready have the 660,is there any mods that need to be done to the cylinder?I don't want to build a hot rod saw,just a "reliable" runner.If i assemble the parts just like they are,will it be ok?I don't mind to modifie the throttle linkage or the tank assembly to fit,i just want to avoid any mods to the cylinder like beveling the ports because i neither have the tools nor the knowledge.If the 361 worth the trouble,next order will be the 660 kit.
I bought a 56mm kit along with the 54mm that came with the complete parts kit. The 56mm ports looked good - I only took a little off the bottom of the boot side of the inlet port. There was a large flange area that I brought down to match the boot diameter. The 54mm had more flashing and crud in the ports. If I were to install the 54mm I would have touched up the ports. The transfer ports were probably the worst.

Ok i see.When it will be here,i'll clean and bevel the ports and i'll run it till it grenades.Then a Hyway kit will be in order.I need a saw like i need a hole in my head but i am more curious than a cat.I don't have a problem if it grenades,i couldn't care less.What makes me anxious is that what will happen if one day i drive for an hour,walk for 30 minutes to get to the field and the saw grenades.It is useless and waste of time.Yes i could bring a secont saw but there are some difficulties.When i go to the woods,i can only carry one saw and i must drive and then walk a lot.Anyway i assume that i must first test it a lot to home and then get it to the woods.

I am thinking of get 6 more but I really only want 1 or two more. I sure the extras could be sold on ebay or craigslist but I don't want to hassle with warranties and returns.

Keep in mind the kits are often missing key components. if you order a 6pack then you'd likely want to open and inspect each one against a complete list of parts to ensure none are missing.

Keep in mind the kits are often missing key components. if you order a 6pack then you'd likely want to open and inspect each one against a complete list of parts to ensure none are missing.

That's my plan. I'm working on a complete BOM checklist based off of the first saw. I've also ordered extra fasteners of each type used in the kit so I have a ready supply of spares available so as long as there aren't complete missing components I should be fine.

Mine was missing the summer shutter, foil tape, bucking spike nuts. Replaced the fuel and oil cap They leaked. I had doubles of the rubber parts.

farmertec has another name westmachinery to add to the list, farmertec is the one moving.

Latest posts

Back