Huztl MS660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fellas i am done except for the missing stuff, the list is short and I am dead in the water.

I had zero issues with the case using heat, danced all the way until I got to the carb and I shot myself in foot about 4 times getting the assembly out of order, I made a tool to slide the brake spring on using davhuls photo as a guide, got that on the second try. I thought the brake looked complicated until I got to it. The av system went smoothly with the assembly lube.

They did not supply the 3 bushings used to screw down the ms660 shroud 0000 963 0808. I got new skills! never done anything to an engine really. i rebuilt a carb once and it worked and changed out my bar and plugs and filters. I am amazed.

Attachments

• the end 2.jpg
    the end 2.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 85
  • the end.jpg
    the end.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 83
so the caps leaked? In the mean time I order some more from stihl. I am going to take what I have finished and show them, take it with me to order the sealing rings and see what he says, might throw me out. I am so bad.

Its hard not to want to crank it up

My bushing not there either. I used some old ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Almost finished the 660 build last night while watching football. Its kind of nice not having to worry about making a mess with a dirty saw!
I have a few issues.
1. The carb H adjuster was severly bent from shipping. I am concerned about air leak. I think they should send me a new carb.
2. Missing the black plastic "frame" under the air filter. I think its call a baffle.
3. Missing chain bumper strip that goes under the crankcase spike. I can't install the spike without it.
4. Missing carb mounting nuts
5. Missing one spike nut
6. Missing the top cover grommet
7. Missing the airbox slide (shutter)
8. The cylinder gasket was bent (kinked)
When I was putting the peices together I was thinking the quality is somewhat less than OEM but after it is assembled it feels very solid. There were a few minor mis-alignments but nothing i could easily fix. The kit rings come to a sharp point where they meet instead of shaped around the groove pin. I'll see how they hold up. The clutch drum is not round and rubs on the case some. The chain adjuster is not very smooth but i think it will work for me. The case gasket material appeared like cardboard but when I trimmed the ends it seemed tough enough.
I used a 56mm kit from Huztl and did not use the kit gasket. I have about 0.023-0.024 squish. I have not measured the compression but I can tell buy pulling it over that it is BRUTAL.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Finished my 660 build last weekend got er done in about 7 hours total. Put some fuel in her and she fired up! With little to no adjustment needed for the carb settings.
Mine was missing the usual parts as the other members I'm going to order a few more from them this weekend and ask that the missing parts be included in my order. The biggest complaint I have would be the chain tensioner
It's seems to be made out of very soft cheap material I switched mine out for the oem.
And yes my fuel/oil caps leaked too!

I found the rope needs replacing to. It started to fray with about 30-50 starts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back