Huztl MS660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's part of the oem kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flywheel side did not get ordered until today. I did not know the screws came with it. I blew 7$ then. I was at the dealer today and asked about the seal puller. I did not order it, yet. Flywheel side with be here next week. I hate I got those screws duplicated.

Didn't your flywheel side puller set come with long screws? Or are you not going to use the splitter/puller sets?

Have you seen how nice those Stihl seal pullers are though? It's like German tool ****. It reminds me of my old Staedler mechanical drawing set...

I gotta have it. I watched a blsnelling video where that puller just pulls that seal straight up easy as pie, kinda like art...maybe closer to ****.

When you do it, do it right. Things is my tool budget is directly tied to a cash budget that I stick to. It might take me a week or two longer than other people but I get it every time. I am saving to buy 1000 kits. Slow and steady wins the race with a tool or two in-between.

So I saw the posted photo of the flywheel side tool and the screws in the bag, is this the same set of screws called out in this pdf, looking at the page I did not connect the dots if it was. It gives the part number for them and does not mention this is part of the kit. Bugs me.

Attachments

• page 46 service.PNG
    page 46 service.PNG
    147.5 KB · Views: 45
My clutch drum arrived from huztl yesterday so i finally got to finish up my build. I had a heck of a time initially getting it to fire up. It kept getting flooded out. Though, after wiping tweaking the carb settings it ran fine. I used all huztl parts (aside from the woodruff key that was missing).

My overall build time was somewhere around 6-8 hours. Nothing was terribly difficult or frustrating to do. The build went rather slow since it was my first small engine project and I had to do lots of googling to see where pieces went. I have a couple bars/chains in the mail so i still have to wait a day or two before taking it to any wood.

The only problem I'm currently having is that the decompression valve keeps coming apart. The little black cap ends up popping off. I've taken the top cover off and reattached it by holding the stem with small pliers a couple times now. I'm about to try hitting it with some epoxy .. if that doesn't work then I suppose I buy a new one. I attached a picture to show what i mean.

And here's the obligatory video of it running.

Attachments

• IMG_20161005_212901.jpg
    IMG_20161005_212901.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 54
And here are the pieces I had left over. The extra rubber stuff makes sense... but i'm not sure where the screw was supposed to go. Likewise.. what's the deal with those white plastic pieces they have pressed into the clutch cover?
IMG_20161005_222744.jpg

One of those bumpers- plastic pieces goes under the bar plate at the bar studs and chain guides of sorts. You wound up with two extra and short one sealing ring, that's what that circle is, mine had both, caps still Leak. It was fun right?

Do all your av rubber piece's have a screw in them?

And here are the pieces I had left over. The extra rubber stuff makes sense... but i'm not sure where the screw was supposed to go. Likewise.. what's the deal with those white plastic pieces they have pressed into the clutch cover?
View attachment 529771

The long black rubber piece in the top right corner goes on the clutch cover. It acts a guard to prevent damage from thrown chains

I have a used shutter if anyone needs one. It is on a flat top cover but I assume it's the same

So I saw the posted photo of the flywheel side tool and the screws in the bag, is this the same set of screws called out in this pdf, looking at the page I did not connect the dots if it was. It gives the part number for them and does not mention this is part of the kit. Bugs me.
Yes it's the same referenced.

Sent from a magic box in my pocket.

Good going sounds good. What size bars you order? I ran a 25" In that one vid. I don't want to see ya burn your new saw up but Don't run it Long with the cover off the top. It directs the airflow around the fins and it could overheat in a few minutes. really need lock tight the blue On the bar studs. One it seals it from the oil tank. 2 they could back out while loosing the nut. The special tool on the studs really make it easy.

My clutch drum arrived from huztl yesterday so i finally got to finish up my build. I had a heck of a time initially getting it to fire up. It kept getting flooded out. Though, after wiping tweaking the carb settings it ran fine. I used all huztl parts (aside from the woodruff key that was missing).

My overall build time was somewhere around 6-8 hours. Nothing was terribly difficult or frustrating to do. The build went rather slow since it was my first small engine project and I had to do lots of googling to see where pieces went. I have a couple bars/chains in the mail so i still have to wait a day or two before taking it to any wood.

The only problem I'm currently having is that the decompression valve keeps coming apart. The little black cap ends up popping off. I've taken the top cover off and reattached it by holding the stem with small pliers a couple times now. I'm about to try hitting it with some epoxy .. if that doesn't work then I suppose I buy a new one. I attached a picture to show what i mean.

And here's the obligatory video of it running.

Epoxy. Mine started doing the same thing.

Interesting. I have a delete in mine right now from testing.

I was thinking of leaving it in because I can't tell the difference with or without.

Latest posts

Back