Huztl MS660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered one in early September. It arrived without any of the bolts and screws. I let huztl know and I am stihl waiting for them to arrive. I have no idea if they have even been shipped.

The case halves were also corroded. They said it will still work and they are not replacing them. I'm not happy about this.

Just for clarification which kit did you order tbohn?

I bought several 660 kits from Hutzl
The wrist pin bearing failed in less than five minutes chewed up the piston and cylinder,Hutzl replaced the cylinder kit.
I used a genuine Stihl wrist pin bearing when reassembling, and used caber rings.l gave my mate the saw to test out,he is a full time wood cutter.
Our aim was to run it as hard as the Genuine MS 660 and so far the Am saw is going strong and has around 100 hours on it.
The fuel and impulse hoses are junk as well as the fuel filter,bar studs and nuts are soft,chain adjuster not so good .overall I'm really happy with them .Half a dozen loads of wood and it's paid for. Good back up saw.,Wouldn't expect it to last anywhere near as long as the real deal.
Good experience though putting these saws
together.

Oh nearly forgot handle bar soft bends very easily and soft bucking spikes.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk

I bought several 660 kits from Hutzl
The wrist pin bearing failed in less than five minutes chewed up the piston and cylinder,Hutzl replaced the cylinder kit.
I used a genuine Stihl wrist pin bearing when reassembling, and used caber rings.l gave my mate the saw to test out,he is a full time wood cutter.
Our aim was to run it as hard as the Genuine MS 660 and so far the Am saw is going strong and has around 100 hours on it.
The fuel and impulse hoses are junk as well as the fuel filter,bar studs and nuts are soft,chain adjuster not so good .overall I'm really happy with them .Half a dozen loads of wood and it's paid for. Good back up saw.,Wouldn't expect it to last anywhere near as long as the real deal.
Good experience though putting these saws
together.

Oh nearly forgot handle bar soft bends very easily and soft bucking spikes.

Wow! Never experienced this yet with all the huztl 660 kits I've built anyone else had wrist pin bearings fail? Agreed with all the rest mentioned above..

Just for clarification which kit did you order tbohn?
I ordered a H365 and a ms660 kit. The H365 kit was missing all the fasteners. I did get a response from Huztl with a tracking number for the replacement parts. It looks like the parts will be here today! The H365 kit also had the corroded case halves. The corrosion is not deep and it will not affect saw other than the splotchy discoloration. Most of it will be covered by crankcase gasket/cylinder but the it will be exposed where the bar attaches. I am very happy with the ms660. So much so I ordered 6 more.

Good Day, I would like to share your thoughts ...
I write a review on Farmertec. I work with their spare parts for more than 2 years. These are mainly parts for husqvarna 372, 350-353. It took a lot of parts for these models, the quality is fine with me more than ...
It took a lot of information on the experience weimedog, thank you for your video ...

Honestly, I do not really like the quality of the last batches of parts, I failed several times during the 2 months. I do not know what it is connected, they can become more than produce, so the quality has fallen?
Recent failures with the engine for the MS 250. The crankshaft is hanging in the air is to tighten bolts. Here's a video...

Just recently I received a cylinder 372 with a hole
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B9R8jFYkKK91a0owT1BIQWp5Rms?usp=sharing
They sent the replacement of these parts, but I'm not sure that 250 parts models come ready for work ...

even I noticed such a thing ...
Squish on cylinders Farmertec without base gasket = squish OEM cylinders with a base gasket (85%)

I just purchased a ms440 all OEM with no compression. I was able to clean the cylinder up perfectly with a little muriatic acid and scotch pad. Instead of buying new Meteor or equivalent piston/rings for $50 and reinstalling the OEM cylinder, I installed a Farmertec BB top end that I had paid less than $30 shipped. The quality looked excellent - didn't touch up any of the ports- and runs great. I have not checked compression or squish but I would guess the compression is over 150PSI by feel. The Farmertec parts are NOT OEM quality but if it lasts a couple years before I have to rebuild it I'm good with that. I get more enjoyment out of fixing them than using them... using them is hard work!

The couple of Chinese clam shell MS390 blocks I've had my hands one were garbage, especially the bearings, including the bottom end bearing. The sealant between the cylinder and shell was not only poorly applied, but the mating surfaces were covered with grease.

These whole saw kits do look like a lot of fun to play around with, I'll probably end up getting one at some point just for the hell of it.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I ordered a H365 and a ms660 kit. The H365 kit was missing all the fasteners. I did get a response from Huztl with a tracking number for the replacement parts. It looks like the parts will be here today! The H365 kit also had the corroded case halves. The corrosion is not deep and it will not affect saw other than the splotchy discoloration. Most of it will be covered by crankcase gasket/cylinder but the it will be exposed where the bar attaches. I am very happy with the ms660. So much so I ordered 6 more.

Yeah the MS660 is a no-brainer. I'd rarely need a 90+ cc saw so it's hard to justify the $1400 or so MSRP for a new ms661 but a Hutzl at 1/4 the cost of a real one is tempting. I'm not saying a big 90cc saw wouldn't be awesome. I can easily justify the cost of a genuine new 372xp cause it would get used all the time and is roughly half the price of a new ms661.

A mate of mine broke the end off his crankshaft on his 660,we called a couple of Stihl dealer's,$630.00 full retail _ Farmertec had one for $60.00 shipped We went with the am crank and new bearings and seals .
The saw would have been wrecked if no am parts were available.
The old saw is running well again.

we have discussed here that it appears they use different manufactures to source their parts and I have not read the site in a few days and it appears were are beginning to see failures reported. Maybe if you guys tell huztl they will try to choose better sources.

Good Day, I would like to share your thoughts ...
I write a review on Farmertec. I work with their spare parts for more than 2 years. These are mainly parts for husqvarna 372, 350-353. It took a lot of parts for these models, the quality is fine with me more than ...
It took a lot of information on the experience weimedog, thank you for your video ...

Honestly, I do not really like the quality of the last batches of parts, I failed several times during the 2 months. I do not know what it is connected, they can become more than produce, so the quality has fallen?
Recent failures with the engine for the MS 250. The crankshaft is hanging in the air is to tighten bolts. Here's a video...

Just recently I received a cylinder 372 with a hole
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B9R8jFYkKK91a0owT1BIQWp5Rms?usp=sharing
They sent the replacement of these parts, but I'm not sure that 250 parts models come ready for work ...

even I noticed such a thing ...
Squish on cylinders Farmertec without base gasket = squish OEM cylinders with a base gasket (85%)

Had a huztl rope rotor split. Taking one off my 064 til I can order another oem replacement.
It's almost like the plastic was to hard and cracked IMG_2082.JPG

Hutzel/Farmertec 361 kit compression release.
63b76f5a36fd166f844726da5e32a8d8.jpg

I've pretty much resorted to just epoxying them from the start.

Latest posts

Back