Huztl MS660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The saw I gave a friend to have I swaped a wj-67 carb on it with the jet opened to .74
I had one laying around so I used it and left it on because it had a little better idle to it and would idle for as long as you won't without loading up. Not that saws idles much but I can't stand it when one won't.

Ordered my kit about 8:00 pm on the 25th of October it arrived today ...... just had to rub that in a little

Well, maybe not:

83d238fb30dd16aeba17b0a57f70b9b1.jpg

R&R the carb four or six times may have exploited a weak spot.

Glad you found the problem. I would go OE on the fuel line if possible

I ordered a H365 and a ms660 kit. The H365 kit was missing all the fasteners. I did get a response from Huztl with a tracking number for the replacement parts. It looks like the parts will be here today! The H365 kit also had the corroded case halves. The corrosion is not deep and it will not affect saw other than the splotchy discoloration. Most of it will be covered by crankcase gasket/cylinder but the it will be exposed where the bar attaches. I am very happy with the ms660. So much so I ordered 6 more.
Well I got around to assembling the 372 kit after receiving all the nuts and bolts. The quality is not as good as the 660 kit. I ordered a big bore kit with it. Both the P&C from the kit and the bb were very good. I didn't have to clean anything up.
The handle AV doesn't fit perfectly but it will work. The carb/boot seal was not good so I put some motoseal on it.

The problem I have is the saw will not fire with fuel, compression, and spark. The spark is weak. I think this is because I can't adjust the coil gap close enough to the flywheel. The top part of the coil is approximately 0.050 inch gap. Maybe tomorrow I will try the coil from my 575xp.

Well I got around to assembling the 372 kit after receiving all the nuts and bolts. The quality is not as good as the 660 kit. I ordered a big bore kit with it. Both the P&C from the kit and the bb were very good. I didn't have to clean anything up.
The handle AV doesn't fit perfectly but it will work. The carb/boot seal was not good so I put some motoseal on it.

The problem I have is the saw will not fire with fuel, compression, and spark. The spark is weak. I think this is because I can't adjust the coil gap close enough to the flywheel. The top part of the coil is approximately 0.050 inch gap. Maybe tomorrow I will try the coil from my 575xp.
I can advise to finish a little bolt holes in the ignition module, it allows you to get closer to the flywheel. This is easily done with a round file for sharpening chains ...

I can advise to finish a little bolt holes in the ignition module, it allows you to get closer to the flywheel. This is easily done with a round file for sharpening chains ...
I can't get the coil pickup closer to the flywheel even without the bolts in place. There is a relieved section in the coil that fits over the bolt mounting post that is causing the interference. Maybe I will grind down the mounting post on the crankcase to get closer. Also, the middle coil pickup extends further out that the other two on the coil. When it is in contact with the flywheel, the other two pickups are still 30-50 mils away from the flywheel.

So I think the coil is defective in that the two outer pickups are too short.

I guess my main point is the ms660 kits are better quality than the H365/372 kits from my experience. I have six more ms660 kits coming on Thursday. I will be happy if they are the same or better quality than the first one I purchased. I still don't know what I am going to do with all of them.

Well I ordered mine the 24/25 and it came today as well. Haven't gone through it yet.

Really wish they wouldent send it with the crank seals Installed. Oh and a drill press is not ideal but works ..... I wouldent make a habit of pushing cranks with it.

Well so far I'm not too thrilled with the quality. The bearings are in the case and are notchy and locking up... you can see metal bur flakes and feel grit in them. I'll see how they feel after flushing them but I'll probably replace them. The case halfs have corrosion on the machined surfaces like they were stored wet. All fixable/usable things, but really not a great start.
The cylinder has some spots in it I'm not thrilled with. Spots that you can still make out rough cast through the cross hatch hone. You can see where the core they use for casting around the transfers either had a extra chunk or the cylinder had some shrinkage and suck back as it cooled. It'll run and not as bad as some I've seen pictures of, but nothing I would be proud of.

So the base of my cylinder has no machining marks on it ....... anyone else run into that one ??? I'm waiting on a oem wrist pin bearing but I guess I could check squish with the Chinese one .... I'll post pics when I get home

Both my kits have a problem with the throttle staying locked when the control lever is at one notch above choke. I found the problem and the fix I did is not what I like to do. And will think of other options for the repair.

I had the same in my bearings. I decided it was over spray from the paint/powder coat ...... it flushed right out with carb cleaner but that in turn made the paint/powder coat soft after it evaporates it hardens back up but it is what it is ...... clutch cover was countersunk for the bar studs tho

Latest posts

Back