Huztl MS660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
good idea... take notes from both. Walt has a lot of real world experience with these saws.... I just figure out how they go together. :)

he brought up a good point in a recent vid... these kits are moving targets. issue with one saw doesn't apply to the next necessarily. so the issues I've had in the bolt for bolt vids don't necessarily apply. hopefully the reference of how pieces fit and the order of assembly is helpful
I have there bb kit on my real 660. I'm the one Walt has referred to about milling with one. (Even posted my video of it milling with a dull chain. Lol) That's what this saw is being built for as well. I'm going no base gasket with mild port work. Mostly just cleaning it up. And as Walt would say a goofy muffler mod for milling in my sawmill.
6a43c6abb5e9caa2f2da029d44719b04.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

nice carriage.... I need one of those for my mill... on the off chance I get a huge log....
Thank you. My track material is coming today. The new 660 will be strapped to it once there both done. And I will be doing some videos of it. Weather it goes or blows. We will find out. And I grabbed an extra P&C to be safe when I ordered the kit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Im going back in 2 of the 3 I built to replace the wrist pin bearing with Oem. The AM's have been known to fail

I have 5 gallons through mine without issue. The am carb has finally settled in, but I still not a fan of the way it comes to an idle. I went oem bearings, seals, gaskets and clutch drum. I put an hr meter on the saw, but it **** the bed on the first few tanks of gas lol

In preparation for my kit to arrive, I ordered some bits from a local Stihl dealer:

*Wrist pin bearing
*Fuel line
*Fuel filter
*Impulse line
*Decomp valve
*Decomp valve cover(?)
*Wrist pin snap rings

I'll likely source a clutch drum as well. I'll try to break-in the packaged chain tensioner bits. If that doesn't work out, what's a few more dollars lol...

Nobody has had issues with the Huztl 660 kits with time on them or does nobody have time on them?
Somebody talked about this pages and pages back...I couldn't begin to tell you who it was...seems to me he had built several (maybe 5 or 6) of the 660 kits and some of them were given to friends who were full time loggers and/or tree service work and IIRC there had not been major failures in over a year...somebody correct me if I'm wrong or pipe up if you remember who that was...or know where its buried in this monster thread.

Ok you guys have me interested in one of these clones. I'm a Husky guy and own a 268. If I order one of these anything else I should order? Bar/ chain? Length of bar and size of chain? I have no idea what the chain #s mean. Probably wouldn't be cutting trees much bigger than 24 - 28" maple.
Thanks

Back