Huztl MS660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cut tested and adjusted the carb. Ready to deliver to client.
b9d5ec505cfbea01a012dd3e4b2f9ff5.jpg

Some say that the big bore cylinders don't run as good without a whole bunch of work decking the cylinder and re timing the ports etc
I put a Farmertec 56mm on my first one and deleted the cylinder base gasket. I ended up with 23 mils squish and did have about 12 mil of freeport. It has noticeably more power than a standard 54mm from Farmertec.
I purchased another 56mm from a different supplier and it needed the base gasket and it had about 95 mils of freeport. I have not tried thus one in word yet.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Correct outside bucking spike arrived today. It took the better part of four weeks to get the problem corrected.

Also, can someone post a link to the shipping agent they use.

The tracking numbers on my last two orders do not 'compute'.

And on that note, my kit cleared customs today. Should be here in a few days' time.

I got my kit today. I came with the cold and hot temp insert and the 3 brass bushings for the top cover. So that's a plus. With what I have assembled so far. The fit and finish has been pretty good. There's a couple tooling marks I would let go if they were parts I milled. (But I pickup on that stuff being a machinist myself) The m4 AV mount is not tapped all the way. So that will have to be tapped. But the bad part. The 2 cylinders I received where not so good. One has crack in the transfer wall and the other is pitted. I'm probably going to practice porting on pitted one. I think the pits are below where the rings go. But I have contacted huztl and we will see what happen.
97503bb5b7340cc019b3aa067bceea45.jpg
ec9223cbae8078973393bc4163717c57.jpg
66311af8afa55a3959798307d3846b88.jpg
a3adbd0133dccd3da695cd334d9fea30.jpg
8a7742eabe325ddf4c4fb6f7bce2319b.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

yeah, I dunno if thats a through and through crack... most likely a casting flaw. I would run either....but not without working over the ports to fix the inverted bevels hehe

I will try to get a closer look at the crack/void tonight. I plan on work over the cylinder the best i can. I was planning on that to begin with.

PS(opiejudd is me as well I managed to have 2 accounts somehow. Fixed now.)

I will try to get a closer look at the crack/void tonight. I plan on work over the cylinder the best i can. I was planning on that to begin with.

PS(opiejudd is me as well I managed to have 2 accounts somehow. Fixed now.)
I think all my 660 jugs have the same casting flaw. I thought it was a crack at first too.

I think all my 660 jugs have the same casting flaw. I thought it was a crack at first too.
Thanks. That what I thought at first. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Yeah they all seem to have suck back right there as the casting cooled. It's kind of a crap shoot.. some look worse then others.

Hi guys

I will introduce myself frist. I am daan form the Netherlands. I am reading your posts for a long time now. And a few weeks ago I ordered one ms660 and ms360. They came in this morning. Everything looked one the first time good, however I have some questions about the crankshaft of the ms660.

The piston rod feels like there is some play on it. If you push on the upper part you can turn it a small bit to the left and right. It is more then on the crankshaft of the ms360.

Is this normal? How are your piston rods feeling?

Many thanks in advance

Daan
3ee59cf29da96999b980638d0dcc4679.jpg

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G800F met Tapatalk

So SF Express tracking worked until it hit the closest big shipping hub(Cincinnati). Suddenly, it doesn't work anymore. Has that been anyone's experience? Hopefully it means it's close?

So SF Express tracking worked until it hit the closest big shipping hub(Cincinnati). Suddenly, it doesn't work anymore. Has that been anyone's experience? Hopefully it means it's close?
Mine did the same thing. Still have no idea who delivered it. lol

My experience as well. Once it dropped off the SF Express tracking radar (it was last reported in my hometown after going through Portland OR), it was delivered the next day. I also don't know by whom, but I suspect UPS.

Latest posts

Back