Huztl MS660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know there a few guys watching that mill maybe they'll chime in. I think around 12,3-12,5 is where most run. And 32:1 mix for milling

I'm running the 50:1 stihl mix in mine. The way I look at it if it's good enough for 1000s of $1200 saws it's good enough for my $300 saw.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Really 50:1 is marginal for everyday use. I would run atleast 40:1. The reason we went to 50:1 is due to the EPA.
On the saws I run at 32:1 my exhaust stays clean with a good tune.

Yep. All my saws. As well as all my dad's saws. I know this is stirring the pot with what mix to run. Lol but I'm just adding to the mix of what people are doing with these clones. Who knows it might melt down tomorrow or run for 20 years like this. Only 1 way to find out.

True. To each his own with oils and mix. I see about 10 saws a day with varying brands of oil and ratios. Some I'd like to know what they run so I could stay away it's so bad. And the tune has a lot to do with it along with the oil.

You know av100 gas has a little lead in it, and then use 32-40:1 and you should be set.

Each mill saw will have a tach mounted to it so I can easy watch my rpms while milling and adjust it accordingly.

I run 93 octane in everything.

When adjusting the high speed screw/max RPM, 13k would be an "unloaded" RPM I'm sure, correct?
Once tuned, what would be a common RPM to expect seeing while milling?

There is a milling section where the experts Hangouts. I bet it would depend on the wood, your chain and the saw.

When adjusting the high speed screw/max RPM, 13k would be an "unloaded" RPM I'm sure, correct?
Once tuned, what would be a common RPM to expect seeing while milling?
Yes unloaded. When milling I'm usually between the 7 to 9000 range. Doesn't take much pressure to change it.

Yeah lots of places online. If you have a big enough order McMaster Carr. The junk drawers at hardware stores should have them. I do work for a bolt supplier and can buy for cheap locally.

Back