Huztl MS660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In preparation for my kit to arrive, I ordered some bits from a local Stihl dealer:

*Wrist pin bearing
*Fuel line
*Fuel filter
*Impulse line
*Decomp valve
*Decomp valve cover(?)
*Wrist pin snap rings

I'll likely source a clutch drum as well. I'll try to break-in the packaged chain tensioner bits. If that doesn't work out, what's a few more dollars lol...
Glad to see you've done your homework buddy.
Hope you get a good run out of it when you put it together ,I'm not a big fan of their carbs though.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk

John finished his 066 Chinese buildoff saw already - it runs pretty darn well!!

he went with OEM Stihl piston pin bearing, circlips and wrist pin and ported the Farmertec 56mm Big Bore cylinder

Nice. What kind of rpms is that turning?

he is a youtube/facebook guy, he isnt on any of the forums, but if you ask on his youtube channel he can probably stick a tach on it
he is a chainsaw madman, just loves to tinker and build fast saws, absolutely great guy
Cool. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I'm now thru 3 tanks of gas on the HZ660. Still running great. Still getting stronger everytime i run it. I have my oiler problem figured out. I installed the wrong rubber piece on the suction side of the pump.
ea113a948ef56aa06b8e54f25dc48325.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

There a report of a leaking tank. I needed one anyway for a build I am doing to make use of a spare engine so I ordered the assembly and it arrived today. I did a pressure/vac test and made note of the improvements I see they have made since my first build. I am very impressed with how well the throttle system functions compared to the early models. The notes and test are in the video I attached.

I got a little further along. will stop now and gather some more parts. the air filter looks improved too on the way it seals, it feels that way at least. I had to trim a little plastic on the carb shield to get the air filter mount in it, the mount had to be cleaned up slightly in the holes, a tiny bit of slag interfering with the studs. a quick file knocked it back. very nice. I have all ready put a high output oil pump on it.

ignition side.jpg pto side.jpg heat protection.jpg Stihl ms660 brake linkage.jpg 20170719_170259.jpg 20170719_170555.jpg 20170719_170641.jpg

20170708_203541.jpg Here's mine. Went thru two farmertec jugs before I went with the cross MMWS jug. First jug had plating missing out of the box so it was a no go. The second one I ran on the saw for 1 tank and pulled it. Had plating damage so I tossed it. We will see how this cylinder does.

View attachment 591745 Here's mine. Went thru two farmertec jugs before I went with the cross MMWS jug. First jug had plating missing out of the box so it was a no go. The second one I ran on the saw for 1 tank and pulled it. Had plating damage so I tossed it. We will see how this cylinder does.
This is where I don't get farmertec. I had an 038 Mag farmertec jug and piston with caber rings. It cut about 2 cords of wood before I sold it on (AM parts listed in advert) before I had the farmertec I had a hyway number. The farmertec ran better hands down.. but they are soo hit and miss by the sounds of it..

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

View attachment 591745 Here's mine. Went thru two farmertec jugs before I went with the cross MMWS jug. First jug had plating missing out of the box so it was a no go. The second one I ran on the saw for 1 tank and pulled it. Had plating damage so I tossed it. We will see how this cylinder does.
I Saw your thread on O P E
I Went to go look at my cylinder And the plating seems like its all there but there's some slag in the transfer and exhaust port that needs to be filed down

I Looked at my 365XP Cylinder and the cylinder is probably 5x the quality of the 660 cylinder imo from farmertec just the way the casting is and such

I Hope that my cylinders plating holds up for many hours of use like most peoples saws in here But we will see :/

The 038 jugs were about perfect

Latest posts

Back