Huztl Thinks They Should Have My Videos

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You
And not saying this to be a ass but I've been working on saw sense 93 I've got plenty of time under my belt plus building classic cars for a living so you've got 15 years good job keep it up but you've got a while to catch up.
You've been working on a saw since 93? Must be bad knock off parts giving you troubles!

That's funny, if you mean catch up by throwing Chicom junk parts in saws and adding racing stripes to them, I'm good staying behind. Do you put those chrome stick on fake louvers on the sides of them to? :laughing:
Not sure if you're blind or not but the saw on the left is my good old 064 and more less your just proving that you are are a jerk I still use oem parts but I've stated this before I'm not made of money so if I choose to buy a cheaper brand part to fix my saw's I will and if I get a good price for a oem part then I'll buy it it's all about what people can afford and some of you just don't under stand that for some reason I'm not going to be popping in on this topic anymore since it's obvious this thread has turned into a argument of who's right and who's wrong.... :crazy2: have a great day guys.

Saws. You guys are funny I'll give you that much but I'm not going to take your sarcasm personal it's OK.
Wasn't sarcasm but ok. This thread has been getting a lot of attention because people are making statements about how OEM parts or saws are not priced good enough to be worthwhile. So when such statements are made people that have been around chainsaws and other equipment for a living that know better tend to get a little defensive. Second this forum is a great way for new people to educate themselves about chainsaws in many different ways. So if a few of us disagree with your statements I would maybe educate yourself on who you are arguing with before saying you have worked on a few saws and classic cars since 93. It's obvious that you have limited knowledge on this subject since you had to try a defend yourself by using the I've been doing this since 93 line. Buy some Chinese parts for those classic cars lately? BS is BS

Wasn't sarcasm but ok. This thread has been getting a lot of attention because people are making statements about how OEM parts or saws are not priced good enough to be worthwhile. So when such statements are made people that have been around chainsaws and other equipment for a living that know better tend to get a little defensive. Second this forum is a great way for new people to educate themselves about chainsaws in many different ways. So if a few of us disagree with your statements I would maybe educate yourself on who you are arguing with before saying you have worked on a few saws and classic cars since 93. It's obvious that you have limited knowledge on this subject since you had to try a defend yourself by using the I've been doing this since 93 line. Buy some Chinese parts for those classic cars lately? BS is BS
I'd say you're past the point of insulting. Thanks for being so kind to say in your own words that I have know clue on my own abilities. Have fun guys.

I'd say you're past the point of insulting. Thanks for being so kind to say in your own words that I have know clue on my own abilities. Have fun guys.

Hopefully you'll stick around and spread your wealth of knowledge about building saws. I have a lot to learn, all I have is a Wild Thing. I'm always up for learning something new. Guys like me and @fwgsaw can probably learn a lot from you. I mean 25 years is a lot of experience, I think I've only built four or five saws. I wasn't trying to insult anyone, I was just trying to help you understand that buying that Chicom stuff isn't helping your cause, but I see that simply isn't true. That 064 is a beauty.

I started out rebuilding saws. Got a whole pick up truck load where the customers would not pay the repair estimate and just left them with the dealer. Then, I got bored with it. Now, people aggravate the piss out of me to fix their stuff. Cheaply. And, I work some for the Stihl dealer on old stuff they are not familiar with and when they get behind. And, of course that is all OEM parts. Recently I have done more TS420's than anything else. If you have a contractor that won't or can't get water they are not going to last regardless of the parts you use.

So, I don't see any one size fits all in this. If you are fixing pro saws for pros then OEM makes a lot of sense. But, That is actually a small part of the repair business.

I am gonna order the 440 kit, as I would like a 70cc saw. The advantages of these kits is not only about the finished product, it's about the learning experience for me. From what I understand, correctly completed...these are some mighty fine saws, and for a bit over a hundred dollars, how could you go wrong?
Not everyone has the money to buy a real Stihl...for sht sake, look at what a new Stihl equivilant costs! It's friggen ridiculous! I would rather save the money I save....I have kids to raise.

Before I modified the oil pump on my 029, I bought a cheap Chinese oil pump with lines &filter for about $8 shipped. I disassembled the pump and studied it on the dining room table. It was clean, so no mess, but I would NEVER consider installing such a piece of junk in my saw. It did allow me to measure and practice on a part before removing the OEM pump.

I mostly run classic American magnesium saws, so Chinese parts for my needs would be where a dwindling supply of OEM parts leaves me no alternative.

Since I dont feel like typing it, I'll go quote my O.....P.....E. self.

"Sellers passing off fakes as the real deal to get a big mark up deserve to get a lawfully severe punishment. As for people getting all upset about saws being cloned to each their own. As you start to dig into it you start to find out why its happening like companies selling patents after fulfilling contractual agreements. This is why we never see the newest models cloned.

The biggest but least noticed example of this business practice is Zenoah/redmax. The g450avs, g5000, g5200, g4500, and g3800 are all cloned by various companies in huge numbers and under various names like earthquake, craftsman, remington, blue max, and ryobi. The gz400 and 4000 were cloned by jenn feng mcculloch in Taiwan until husqvarna group bought zenoah for its strato charge patents and jenn feng mcculloch. Thats why you never see those two saws cloned."

MTD owns remington and craftsman, Techtronic industries owns ryobi.

Most Americans are cheap, plain and simple. It's a throw away society.
Brad, the public has slowly been conditioned to this over the last half Century! I have been stating this to family and friends for years. When items were built to last a lifetime, is but a memory!

Hey did you guys here about the other things in life going on right now? Things like not giving two chits about what products our neighbors are buying?

The influence of foreign business practices has tainted the American way.

Hey did you guys here about the other things in life going on right now? Things like not giving two chits about what products our neighbors are buying?

The influence of foreign business practices has tainted the American way.
Yes. Like my Seven Grandkids. Choices we Americans make today, Will effect them to some degree. To Each there own. My comment had not much to do with Foreign suppliers. Has to do with being Slowly being conditioned to high price, low quality being the New Normal!

Yes. Like my Seven Grandkids. Choices we Americans make today, Will effect them to some degree. To Each there own. My comment had not much to do with Foreign suppliers. Has to do with being Slowly being conditioned to high price, low quality being the New Normal!
It was a generalized comment. And I didn't have anything to say about foreign suppliers.

If you add up the cost of the kit, the cost of shipping, the cost of OEM parts to make it work, the cost of labor time to assemble a box of semi-dodgy parts, these kits are not as 'cheap' as many think. And at the end of all your work you have a undesirable, unreliable, Chinese budget quality saw that will never have a service life of the OEM original. No warranty, no real value to sell to a logger or arborist. They are great for people to learn the art of building a saw, I get that, that's the main value these kits have, not the saw you end up with. I have a gently used OEM 660 that if I put it up for auction on EBay would attract a lot of attention with bidders fighting to own it. The reputation of reliabity they have here means tree guys will pay good money for them and often prefer them over the new 661 as many have had issues with them.

As a matter of fact Stihl actually offers the same warranty as the Chinese manufacturer for homeowners and worse for the pros. The pro warranty is 3 months while Chinese is still a 1 year warranty regardless if used for professional use or not

As a matter of fact Stihl actually offers the same warranty as the Chinese manufacturer for homeowners and worse for the pros. The pro warranty is 3 months while Chinese is still a 1 year warranty regardless if used for professional use or not
But, have you ever tried to use Chinese warranty? Do they honor it?

We should have let McArthur nuke them.

You buy Chi-Com $#!t you own Chi-Com $#!t. $#!t stinks!!!

If Stihl or Husky moves there, I have enough saws/parts to let them wallow in their own demise
They are already there.

Back