Huztl's new 25" and 28" bar is clone of ?????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well has any one run one of these bars over last weekend for a few tanks?
I will run mine tomorrow or next day at lastest and get back with an update. It rained all day here. Got someone in the 070 thread going to post data on Friday on their 16 and chain. Mores better

i got to run the 029 with the Holzfforma 16" bar and chain and it worked great . The chain must be pre-stretched. Never had to tighten it. i thought my bar was loosening but it was not.

If it were a bar made by Huztl it would have Holzfforma on it. Great your enjoying your setup. The clones can surprise you.

If it were a bar made by Huztl it would have Holzfforma on it.
Whoever made these bars will put whatever name you want on it, such as "Holzfforma", or "Richmond" like as it on mine, or whatever other silly thing you want to make up. You have to look at the actual parts to see if they are the same, and clearly all the clones with Sugihara-pattern tips are made by the same factory regardless of the name on it. Given the incredible price these bars are a good buy (even if you have tweak it a bit as I did), and of course they will cut wood. I'd buy another if mine were more worn, but they are super cheap bargain bars - don't try to make more of it than that.

I doubt there is only one factory churning out bars. China is huge. They get bars and copy them.

You looking at the part is you seeing a copy. A copy produced by many. Some make good copies some don't

I doubt there is only one factory churning out bars. China is huge. They get bars and copy them.

You looking at the part is you seeing a copy. A copy produced by many. Some make good copies some don't
Of course there are, but that is not what I wrote. Spend some time looking at bars on eBay, especially 84DL bars. Look for bars with Sugihara-pattern tips - you will find very few. I don't think for a minute that there are multiple factories pumping those out.

I've been playing with Chinese clone saws, bars and chains since well before you signed up here, and still like and use them regularly. Still, these are cheap bars and the Huztl and Holzfforma names means little. It's just a typical importing/branding organization bringing in some low priced parts and supplies, probably from various manufacturers, for bargain prices. There is no need to make more of it than that.

If you have a spur sprocket does the width of the drivers matter as long as the bar and the chain match up? Would like to get a 24 inch bar for my cs-590 but there are no 3/8 .050 options

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Width doesn't matter with that type of sprocket.

If you have a spur sprocket does the width of the drivers matter as long as the bar and the chain match up? Would like to get a 24 inch bar for my cs-590 but there are no 3/8 .050 options

"Width" or guage does not matter with any type of sprocket, spur or rim. Only pitch is a factor for your decision on sprockets. So when purchasing a new bar, the tip, sprocket and chain pitch must match , and the bar's gauge must match the chain's ...occasionally it needs to match the tip with some manufacturers but not in this instance. As a side note, double check the gauge of the bar and the pitch of the nose of import bars...some have noted that they sometimes are not correct with the specs stamped on the bar. I believe 3/8LP was sent with a regular 3/8 tip for one forum member iirc.

If you are not running a bunch of saws just toss that bar and chains in a box and rebuy the .063 bar and chain here is an thread that might make you feel better. the chain is a little beefer. This threads veers but you can skim the posts to stay on the topic of what you want to know about.
http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/3-8-x-050-vs-3-8-x-063-chain.24774/
That thread is 12 yrs old and full of misinformation...I would not give it too much regard in making your decision. My understanding is that all 3/8 chain is .063 at the ties and the narrower gauges are thinner only at the portion of the drive link that runs in the bar's groove. This allows all guages to use the same nose sprocket. If I'm wrong on that then the nose sprockets have to all be .050 in order to run the narrow pitches and the .063's. Look close and you will see the step in the width of each drive link where it is narrower.

3-8 72.png

That thread is 12 yrs old and full of misinformation...I would not give it too much regard in making your decision. My understanding is that all 3/8 chain is .063 at the ties and the narrower gauges are thinner only at the portion of the drive link that runs in the bar's groove. This allows all guages to use the same nose sprocket. If I'm wrong on that then the nose sprockets have to all be .050 in order to run the narrow pitches and the .063's. Look close and you will see the step in the width of each drive link where it is narrower.

View attachment 578797

Everything i said could be wrong but not because the thread is old. that chain has not changed in 12 years. no new information about chain sizes has been discovered in that time regarding going from a .050 to a .063 that i can remember

the op needs a longer bar and he is going to need to change chain sizes if he uses huztl. the information regarding that is still relevant and plus saw trol knows a bit. i not even sure how to address this. tpence use your reading skills there is a lot of mis information everywhere.

That thread was full of misinfo then and now, as is much of what is read on just about any forum these days. My prior statement has nothing to do with chain being any different 12 yrs ago nor was it directed at any individual contributor as well as not being all inclusive. Have a good day making chips friends.

Just so I have this right, it doesn't matter on my husqvarna 51 (which has a rim sprocket) if I used .058 instead of the 0.050 and I wouldn't even have to change the rim?

Latest posts

Back