Hydraulic cylinder questions: who makes this one? Can anyone ID it? What tank size?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r0858

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

This is my 8 bore cylinder, with a 31 inch stroke again. I drained all the oil/water mix out of the lines, tank, and cylinder. I may possible take it apart myself and clean if it not too big of a job, but I cant tell who makes it.

attachment.php

I plan on making a log splitter out of it this fall.

My questions are:

Can anyone tell me the who makes this cylinder by the two ID marks in the picture? It looks like "Mi" with a circle around it?

attachment.php

attachment.php

As you can see it has crude on the inside of it, looks like a little rust, sludge, and dirt. What do I need to do to rebuild it? Do I need to hone it out and replace seals?

attachment.php

attachment.php

What gallon size tank do I need to make sure this runs cool? My estimates calculte that when fully extended or retracted, the cylinder holds 8 gallons of hydraulic fluid. Is a 25 gallon tank enough?

Wow! Not only are your pix huge (get a pix resizer) but that cylinder is enormous. Did you say 8"? It's way overkill. I don't know what it's off but if you were gonna make a splitter from it, You'll need a huge pump and motor in order too get any decent movement out of that. If it's for your excavator, then I appologise.

Latest posts

Back