hydraulic hose cost

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cabinman

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
There has been some discussion here latley about the high cost of equipping your splitter with hoses, I buy all my bulk hose and fittings from Baileynet.com....call them for a free catalog at 800 800 1810,..They have vary good prices, They also have pre made hoses, example of their pricing, 1/2 in 2 wire hose, working pressure up to 3995 psi, 36" $ 14.95 60" $20.35 72" $ 23.00 3/4 dia 2 wire hose rated working psi 3115 36" $25.60 60" $34.50 72" $38.90, If you want the exact length, that they dont have you could buy the next longer one and the fitting, take it to you local shop and have them shorten it, If you have ever built a splitter, You know it can cost some serious cash to buy hoses at your local repair shop, check them out they specialize in hydraulics,..T,C, E, J

There has been some discussion here latley about the high cost of equipping your splitter with hoses, I buy all my bulk hose and fittings from Baileynet.com....call them for a free catalog at 800 800 1810,..They have vary good prices, They also have pre made hoses, example of their pricing, 1/2 in 2 wire hose, working pressure up to 3995 psi, 36" $ 14.95 60" $20.35 72" $ 23.00 3/4 dia 2 wire hose rated working psi 3115 36" $25.60 60" $34.50 72" $38.90, If you want the exact length, that they dont have you could buy the next longer one and the fitting, take it to you local shop and have them shorten it, If you have ever built a splitter, You know it can cost some serious cash to buy hoses at your local repair shop, check them out they specialize in hydraulics,..T,C, E, J

I agree bailey's is the place to buy.

Was lucky enough to find all of mine used for free... Still in decent shape. I am a big fan of recycling stuff like that as long as it doesn't pose a safty issue.

I finally had enough of buying custom hoses and bought my own press. I watched Ebay and got a good used one in the state that I picked up. There's an excellent hydraulic supply house near me that has super prices on hose and fittings when you buy in bulk. I haven't found supplies online any cheaper and I've looked. I figure that I save over half the cost of a new hose by making my own. I farm, log, and process firewood so it wasn't hard justifying the intial cost. I figure the machine will pay for itself in a year :cheers:

I've had a hose crimper for 20 years and they save a lot of money. I did drilling and the summer time heat eats hoses. I used to carry a set of spare hoses in the truck. It saved a lot of down time and money. I could make a hose for about 1/3 the cost of a shop making it.

we're fortunate to have so many hydraulic suppliers in Tulsa.
custom hoses are $10-$15 in most cases.

had a chance to buy a hydraulic hose crimper tool set a while back. passed on it, been regretting it ever since....

Up in Ct. years ago I remember one of the big scrap companies that we delt with had a big rig tow truck with a sleeper type cab on it but the cab had a complete hose shop in it with work benches and lights.

Not Funny

Funny, real funny. Got to local TSC an buy 22an hoses.

sawinredneck, I started the post, ..and wasnt makin fun of you, or your machine,.When doing so ... Ill be honest tho, what you paid for hoses did prompt me to post past experince, Ive been there and done that,. Ive had my own weatherhead system for 25 years,. I just dont want another AS member to make the same mistake, I think you will agree with me that the money you spent on hoses was not a good investment, We all make mistakes,.and with that said, why make it more painfull than it has to be,.You could have bought your hoses for a fraction ,of what you did, If you had specked them right, a 12 second cycle time, and 28 gpms, dosnt warrent the size of hoses and the money spent on your machine, 3/4 hoses whould have been a better deal,..T,C, E,J,

Last edited:
Here's the deal guy's Hose price isn't that bad until you start adding Fittings like 90 degree's that swivel. Better get out the KY. Lube

I know

Here's the deal guy's Hose price isn't that bad until you start adding Fittings like 90 degree's that swivel. Better get out the KY. Lube

Its bad enough as it is,.I strip every fitting, hose,etc, etc before it goes to the scrap yard, and while Iam there, I strip every fitting, hose, ... ... ...

sawinredneck, I started the post, ..and wasnt makin fun of you, or your machine,.When doing so ... Ill be honest tho, what you paid for hoses did prompt me to post past experince, Ive been there and done that,. Ive had my own weatherhead system for 25 years,. I just dont want another AS member to make the same mistake, I think you will agree with me that the money you spent on hoses was not a good investment, We all make mistakes,.and with that said, why make it more painfull than it has to be,.You could have bought your hoses for a fraction ,of what you did, If you had specked them right, a 12 second cycle time, and 28 gpms, dosnt warrent the size of hoses and the money spent on your machine, 3/4 hoses whould have been a better deal,..T,C, E,J,

You're point is made, but another one brought up!! There is a difference betwwen specing out you're components, and using wha is given to you to use!! I used adapters where I could, but they are not cheap either, I also used 3500 psi hose, I could have gone less, but this eliminates the "idiot factor" that is comon with my "associates"!
And I have done enough hydraulic work to know, you are not going to TSC and having these hoses made for $150, for any splitter!!! Prices have gone up!!

hey man

You're point is made, but another one brought up!! There is a difference betwwen specing out you're components, and using wha is given to you to use!! I used adapters where I could, but they are not cheap either, I also used 3500 psi hose, I could have gone less, but this eliminates the "idiot factor" that is comon with my "associates"!
And I have done enough hydraulic work to know, you are not going to TSC and having these hoses made for $150, for any splitter!!! Prices have gone up!!

iam ok, if your ok

Back