Hydraulic oil temp on Morbark eager beaver 200

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ms460man

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi I have a Morbark eager beaver 200 it's a 1987 with a 76 hp cummins the problem I'm having is the hydraulic oil is heating up over 200 degrees f in about ten minutes just running no load I have checked the relief valve pressure which is supposed to be 1800psi and that's what it reads so that's good not sure what's going on with it it has new fluid and filter its a new valve block on it not sure what to do now. I know it has a small tank on it most newer chippers have a tank double in size or bigger. Not sure if anyone has one of these machines I would apereciate them taking the temperature on it for me it might be the way These machines are even tho I know the components are not designed to run at these high temperatures. Thanks

I know my hydraulics get hot, but I dont think that quick. My machine has a temp gauge built into the hydraulic level gauage. If I have time tomorrow, I will check my temp on my machine with my IR thermometer and let you know.

Just a FYI, You should have posted this in the morbark forum.

Back