Hyway branded Dolmar 7900 kits are here, Upgrade that 6401 now!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

watsonr

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
The Dolmar 7900 Hyway kits are in! 54mm bore, Nikasil plated, high quality and warranted for 90 days!

These fit the 6400/6401/6421/7900 Dolmar/Makita saws and are a great power upgrade.
Kit includes cylinder, piston, Caber rings, pin, and clips.

I'm offering them to you for $85 just like the others until Sunday at midnight!

Don't wait, Regular price is $109..... at 12:01am Monday this offer is GONE!!!.

The Dolmar 7900 Hyway kits are in! 54mm bore, Nikasil plated, high quality and warranted for 90 days!

These fit the 6400/6401/6421/7900 Dolmar/Makita saws and are a great power upgrade.
Kit includes cylinder, piston, Caber rings, pin, and clips.

I'm offering them to you for $85 just like the others until Sunday at midnight!

Don't wait, Regular price is $109..... at 12:01am Monday this offer is GONE!!!.

how do you want these ordered do we send you a pm or what?:rock:

How do these compare power wise to a stock 7900? Also what does it take the displacement to?

I think there 84cc... somebody else may be able to figure that out... I'm not a smart as some of you is.... but for the price and the quality of the Hyway kits... you WONT find a better deal ANYWHERE or the warranty to go with it!

Can you put some photos of these kits up Randy?
Interesting to see which ones they are. Most of the Makita/Dolmar BB kits are certainly functional and reliable but have pretty poor squish and compression. I've got 4 here that I'm actually not going to sell unless I get some machining done on.

Interesting to see which ones they are. Most of the Makita/Dolmar BB kits are certainly functional and reliable but have pretty poor squish and compression. I've got 4 here that I'm actually not going to sell unless I get some machining done on.

well put!

I am running 2 of them, squish is .032 w/o base gasket! Still strong runners though.

How do these compare power wise to a stock 7900? Also what does it take the displacement to?

They take it out if I remember correctly to around 85cc. Power and performance will vary depending on who is making the kits. Some of the later kits I had would not perform anywhere near a Mahle 79cc kit but the earliest batch I got in would probably beat a Mahle kit - the difference in quality between the various manufacturers of the Makita/Dolmar kits is chalk and cheese. If you are going from a 6400/6401 then any of the BB kits will provide a significant improvement in power.
Owning two 7900's and having a 6401 I have tested a lot of these kits extensively. No failures, just major differences in squish and compression and therefore performance.

Hand deliver them to Cincinnati, there'll be cold beer, a fat machinist and friends waiting for you.

well put!

I am running 2 of them, squish is .032 w/o base gasket! Still strong runners though.

I've seen them out to .045" and 145psi.
The earlier kits I had which I can't seem to source anymore had squish around .020" - .022" (without a base gasket) and 170psi compression. A number of Aussies are running them plus I sent a few for testing to guys in the US and Canada. Next batch I imported were completely different kits and the quality dropped significantly. Andyshine and Will Parris have these earlier kits. I think Will has sold his Makita since and it's still going strong. I don't have anywhere near the same confidence in the later kits I've seen. The good ones have to be out there somewhere though except I can't seem to find them anymore :)

Latest posts

Back