I am done cutting firewood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c5rulz

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
At least for this season.:chop:

Well the firewood season is drawing to a close. All this was cut since October.

2942stc.jpg

2hqxx0n.jpg

2ufgbq0.jpg

vxotmp.jpg

Have room for about half a truck load.

2ujr0rb.jpg

Good job! How many cords would you say is there?

My wood from last summer is still under snow. Look like I've a little less then 2 cords to keep me warm till I can start cutting and splitting again.

Well I paced it off and it is a over 150' four rows deep so I would say a hair over 25 cord.

well that will do the job! I don't think it would even fit in my yard and still have room for a wood pile.

That's the smaller one. Have another at the other end of the yard. Have about 5 acres between wood yard and shop.

2942stc.jpg

2hqxx0n.jpg

2ufgbq0.jpg

vxotmp.jpg

2ujr0rb.jpg

2942stc.jpg

2hqxx0n.jpg

2ufgbq0.jpg

vxotmp.jpg

2ujr0rb.jpg
What you been "doin" since the second week in October "Sittin" around's not good for you you'll be getin stale" :clap: :dancing:Yipee I'm finished" Excellent job by the way

It was a funny Winter. Not enough snow for snowmobiling and very inconvenient thaws in January where it was too soft to get on the log landings.

lots of hard work there.. very impressive. will you leave all of that uncovered throughout the year for seasoning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will remain uncovered. This spot gets sun almost all day long and lots of wind, it's a good drying spot. I try and split so the pieces are thin rectangular pieces with lots of surface area, IMHO that aids in drying.

It will remain uncovered. This spot gets sun almost all day long and lots of wind, it's a good drying spot. I try and split so the pieces are thin rectangular pieces with lots of surface area, IMHO that aids in drying.
I split smaller when I only l have a year to season, but now I'm two to three years out so I try to add some thicker splits for longer overnight burns. splitting small works great for quick dying, even on oak.

dear god that's a helluva pile of wood ! I was thinking around 30 cords, good for who knows how many years or a few bucks in the bank account lol

dear god that's a helluva pile of wood ! I was thinking around 30 cords, good for who knows how many years or a few bucks in the bank account lol

Well it sells itself, every year by the end of November it's gone. Then I have to start over.:muscle:

Latest posts

Back