I can't get the muffler off of my 359

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simple Man

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
What am I doing wrong? I have worked on it for the last hour and can't get the muffler off so I can put on the non cat muffler.

I took this post/pic from the muffer mod thread:

Do you have all 4 of these bolts out that are circled in yellow?
attachment.php

Hmm.... my first thought...

Do you have all the bolts loose? Like the 2 allen bolts, that are way down inside the muffler - that you reach from the front?

You sure you didnt miss a screw? There are several in the metal plate that is on the front there are 2 in the front and one on each side of the metal plate and then 2 screws that are inside the holes on the front of the muffler. That should be it. You will have to remove the bar and chain to get to the screw on that side it goes through the felling dog. Just dont forget to readjust your carb after you are done.

I was missing the top two screws. I got those out and it came off with a breez. I put the new non-cat muffler on the saw and it now sounds like a race bike. lol

Glad you got it man!! :clap:

It definitely has a better sound, with the non-CAT muffler! I was pleasantly surprised when I put mine on - much better! :cheers:

So I guess I need to take it to the shop for a tune now? When I bought it the shop told me to bring it back for a free tune so it's not gonna cost me a dime. :clap:

Latest posts

Back