I "cheated" again today...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aggiewoodbutchr

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I'll go ahead and admit it now because I know someone will say it....:)

Check out posts 4 & 6 here...

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?p=777480#post777480

Well, Narwhale (Rich) contacted me earlier this week about a pecan tree that had been knocked over for a shopping center near his place and was able to get the OK to recover the log today. While working on the first one we were talking to some other folks there cutting firewood and they told us about another tree not far away. After limbing, bucking and loading the first log we drove a few miles down the road and found the second log in the open with nothing on it but the root ball. One cut and we were loaded. Not a bad haul at all.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Sorry about the crappy cell phone pictures.

Both are over 10' long, about 28"-30" DBH and have some nice crotch flares on the tops.

Rich- Thanks again for the tip. I'll be in touch with you when it comes time to mill these.
:cheers:

Last edited:
Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy...since it didn't happen to me...:cheers:

Nice haul. Nice truck, nice trailer, nice Bobcat. A far cry from a VW wagon and a rented 5x8 trailer.

Mark

Look's like yur havin fun mate!

Hi Aggie ..... Look's like your having fun there mate , nice setup . I got myself a 2 1/2 ton capacity forklift the other day , cost me $1350au , 2 box's of piss and 2 slab's of blackwood . I should be able to make much better use of me 14'h shed now.

Wow, that last picture really puts the logs in scale. That must have been a real "butt lifter".

Mark

It's funny you should mention that...

The bobcat couldn't lift either of the logs more than foot or so before going over. I had to scoot them over to the trailer, shimmy them up the loading ramps and slide them to the front. They weigh about 3500 lbs each so I had a full load.

:cheers:

You’re not planning on putting those logs on that Wood Chuck are you? Just joking…

Nice colection of log's Aggie

I see you also have a pile of log's in the background , that's a nice little collection . What's the capacity of that trailer of your's? That's one hell of a trailer . The maximum you can tow in my state , is 1.5 time's the unlaiden mass of the towing vehicle . Look's like a well built trailer . Cheer's MM ps What you going to make out of the log's .

Back