I.D. ing wood types site?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerry wayne

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
City boy here getting all kinds of free wood,cant tell 90% of the stuff,and was wondering if there is a site that can help me .....remember the stuff im getting is mostly cut up some:popcorn:

Can you post some photos . of it as longas most here can see the bark and granthey might I d it
if you are going ot burn a lot go ot a library and get a book on Id in trees copy the photos as well as read it and you will havea good idea or you can go tot a online book store and buy some . Baileys has books also .

City boy here getting all kinds of free wood,cant tell 90% of the stuff,and was wondering if there is a site that can help me .....remember the stuff im getting is mostly cut up some:popcorn:

Awhile ago I started a post called "Excellent book for identifying trees". Look it up, and you'll find a LOT of helpful books on that post. Good luck! :)

2 million post more specific please

cant spend the day looking for a single post....and i dont see a search option on this site can you be more specific on the whereabouts or catagory that its under much appreciated

I would like pictures of ALREADY CUT DOWN TREES i am getting stuff that is already feld ahhhhhhhhhhhh:blob2:

THIS IS THE SITE !!
SEND PHOTOS !!
THATS WHY WE'RE HERE !!

:cheers:

cant spend the day looking for a single post....and i dont see a search option on this site can you be more specific on the whereabouts or catagory that its under much appreciated

There is a "search" option about 1 1/2" to the left of your user name, last visit, private messages, etc. in the green strip. Put in the thread title and hit go-it's that easy.

I would like pictures of ALREADY CUT DOWN TREES i am getting stuff that is already feld ahhhhhhhhhhhh:blob2:

Some nice person on this site should....or could snap a butload of cut up stuff and I.D. it ....just a suggestion bet it would be a very very popular link ,not to mention the name recognition and appreciation it would garner......... and no way is this a suckup manuver youd be famous ya know also try to get it done A.S.A.P no seriously though :jester:

Some nice person on this site should....or could snap a butload of cut up stuff and I.D. it ....just a suggestion bet it would be a very very popular link ,not to mention the name recognition and appreciation it would garner......... and no way is this a suckup manuver youd be famous ya know also try to get it done A.S.A.P no seriously though :jester:

If I was a betting man, I would bet there are a lot of different trees across our great nation. Some specific to certain areas. If I have this right, you are looking for someone to take a bunch of pictures of bark and wood grain of the trees specific to your region (Kentucky) and post them? There would be 3 or 4 pictures of each tree/wood type in different stages of decay anywhere from just blown down to 3 years out cut up into firewood size?

There have been a few responses to this thread, and the suggestions have been good ones.

How about taking a bunch of pictures and posting them for the AS members to look at, discuss, have fun with, and try to get you an opinion? You could then keep a library of the responses on your hard drive, compile them and then post a thread about it.:clap:

post pics, PA can usualy tell you what its not.

LMAO, I couldnt resist bro!

seriously, take some pics and we;ll try to help ya out. like said, theres a lot of region specific trees, a thread of pics like that would be huge!
-Ralph

taking pictures site/ soon on A.S.

someone has to start,,,,,,my idea sooooo, am very busy right now ,but pretty soon look for a new post on this idea. I will start a website link where anyone can post thier own pics and descriptions of cut up wood I.D.ing,from around the country.....should be interesting seeing all nature has offered us and where moooohahahahahaha:dizzy:

Hey I have an idea! Maybe one of us can travel on down to KY and ID 'ole Jerry's cut up trees in person. That way he wouldn't have to take the time to find the search function, find a book, post a pic or in any way try to help himself with the advice offered. We could go on a rotation for like a week at a time. Can we camp in your yard Jerry?:D

post pics, PA can usualy tell you what its not.

LMAO, I couldnt resist bro!

seriously, take some pics and we;ll try to help ya out. like said, theres a lot of region specific trees, a thread of pics like that would be huge!
-Ralph

This site is Tough Love!!:laugh:

Notice how I strategically did not say "I" would identify the wood for him. BTW 1 out of 24 ain't bad. (Okay, yes it is!!)

Hey I have an idea! Maybe one of us can travel on down to KY and ID 'ole Jerry's cut up trees in person. That way he wouldn't have to take the time to find the search function, find a book, post a pic or in any way try to help himself with the advice offered. We could go on a rotation for like a week at a time. Can we camp in your yard Jerry?:D

+1 :rock:

And as long as the fridge is full of adult beverages.

I'm on it.

:cheers:

WOW this is a realy great site and yes you may come....but if you could camp up by the barn ,the splitter is in the first stall,and the gas can is full...........WHAT A GREAT COUNTRY tearing up now thanxs so much P.S. thursdays are no good for me:bowdown:

B.Y.O.B:givebeer:

Latest posts

Back