I feel like the only one who burns a little coal in the winter

• Thread starter Deleted member 83629
  • Start date
Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Deleted member 83629

i use it for heat in my shed soft coal it is sooty and not exactly very clean either but it does the job
and it cheap 115$ per ton comes in 40lb bags.

Coal won't be cheap for long . Coal mines are going out of business left and right thanks to a radical agenda this administration came up with and the iron fist of the EPA . All I would say is enjoy it while you can

this is private mine owned by amish in the side of a valley, this isn't a big company owned mine.

Jake, I mix in a couple shovels of anthracite in my indoor boiler on each load. Increases burn times 2x.....There is a fella by the name of Leon, who is a huge coal advocate.

I have coal available, I did burn it all one winter and still will sometimes burn a little of it in the winter. I was paying $95 per ton bulk, but I think it's a hundred now.

I like it, but it's just too dirty, and I have a LOT of wood here on my place, so I didn't buy any coal last winter, although I do keep a little of it around for "back up"....

BTW, that Healy coal is some good stuff!

SR

I burned some coal while my wood was seasoning one mild winter. Recovered it from an older lady's home who was moving and the new owners didn't want it. About a ton or two worth. Did the job but was messy compared to wood. Still saved me a few $k on oil.

but i don't burn much in the shed and i dont burn it at all in my house it is just to nasty and smelly but it has one good benefit.
I can use it in the shed and i stay warm if i burn wood in there i got to chunk my wood in small pieces to fit in the stove door and it is not as warm.

Coal won't be cheap for long . Coal mines are going out of business left and right thanks to a radical agenda this administration came up with and the iron fist of the EPA . All I would say is enjoy it while you can

You nailed it. I don't burn it anymore but I am a coal miner, so far. Guess what happens when cheap coal energy is outlawed.

City slickers think it's great to outlaw those hazardous coal mines they don't realize a great deal of our electro is made by coal . In the years ahead as mines disappear we are going to see electric skyrocket and everyone will be scratchin their heads

I will mix hard (anthracite) coal in my owb during the coldest months of winter and it really helps when the outside temps drops. I burn Blaschak brand and get a long ton, 2200 lbs. in 40lb bags for around $300.

i would burn coal if I could get any in northern illinois. i enjoy the smell of it. the heat is nice too!!! :)

You guys are making me feel bad. As a miner I get an employee discount. Not even sure of the exact price, around $50 dollars a ton AND I DON'T EVEN HAVE ANYTHING SET UP TO BURN IT. I'm a little embarrassed. LOL. It is dirty/sooty and now days most women would absolutely not tolerate the mess. When I was a kid almost everybody here burned coal and dumped the clinkers in the alley behind the house. I took care of our furnace and my great grandmothers furnace. As kids we learned quick to not have a bicycle wreck on clinker roads.

Latest posts

Back