I found a dead cat in a tree

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You've probably heard the expression about rescuing cats from trees; "you never see a cat skeleton in a tree." Well this morning we were taking apart a sugar maple and about 30 feet up was the carcass of a large cat wedged in a narrow crotch. Must have slipped into the crotch and couldn't free himself. We thought it was a coon but it was a mighty smelly cat. We sent him through the chipper, still wedged in the crotch. Gross pics to follow later.
Phil

I would never send that through my machine and its a few yrs old! Shoulda stuck it curbside for the garbage man!:monkey:

local guy around here ran a freakin dead deer through a 250xp i still dont believe it but witnesses told me he did no names mentioned.

What a catastrophe!

Well now we know. Next maybe we'll find out if bears $hit in the woods.

Any pics of it still up in the tree prior to cutting it down?

Nope. It was raining with thunder and we wanted to get the guy out of the lift and the tree on the ground. Maybe some of the other pics will show how he was wedged.
Phil

Does'nt look stuck in no crotch you sick #@#$, you just wanted to chip it and you know it, lol.
We actually had a friend of ours helping chip and I brought the log with the cat stuck in it to the chipper but it smelled so bad that I dropped it and started retching. I mean that cat smelled bad. Climber 2 grabbed the log and stuck it in the chipper but the crotch was a bit too wide for our little 2070 so he grabbed the ground saw to cut the crotch. Our helper must have thought that he was going to cut the cat in two because he started yelling and waving his arms. I have a strong stomach but I couldn't watch it go through the chipper. That smell stuck in my nose all of yesterday.
Phil

Dead cat in tree pic 2

Here's an additional pic sent to me by climber 2. He either doesn't have any more good photos or else he's rationing them to me so I won't start gagging again. DON'T LOOK IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE A PHOTO OF A DEAD CAT JAMMED IN A TREE.
TREE MDS-I'll wait for a retraction and an apology.
These photos are posted in the interest of cat safety only. Not to be used for any sick purposes other than my own.
Phil
DEAD CAT PIC 2

Last edited:
Here's an additional pic sent to me by climber 2. He either doesn't have any more good photos or else he's rationing them to me so I won't start gagging again. DON'T LOOK IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE A PHOTO OF A DEAD CAT JAMMED IN A TREE.
TREE MDS-I'll wait for a retraction and an apology.
These photos are posted in the interest of cat safety only. Not to be used for any sick purposes other than my own.
Phil
DEAD CAT PIC 2
My bad dude,props to ya-I was wrong, sick b@#@$$% , ha,ha.

Last edited:
I think tree workers are just not right in the head. :laugh: We found a squirrel that got hit with 7200V while we were trimming one day. We had this guy on the crew who was really jumpy, so we took the squirrel and zip-tied him to the reverse bar over the top of the in feed so he was staring at you when you feed brush. This guy comes toward the chipper and at about 5 feet away notices the rodent, screams like a girl and drops his brush. Turns and runs, still screaming like a girl. Hilarious. :clap:

Latest posts

Back