I Found it in a tree.......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DDM

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I found these about 60' in a tree last week.

attachment_28731.php

did you find a skeleton too? thats a good find for sure. the best i ever got was a butter knife in a locust tree, and that sucked because i found it after it wrecked my chain!

I found a fishing reel in a water oak about 5 yrs ago. It for some reason was in a crotch
40' high the only thing left not completely encased in wood was the end of the handle.

I have found golf balls, thong panties and a dollar bill in coconut palms. One of my guys once found a $20 bill in a coconut palm. These things (except for the golf balls) get taken into the palm by birds who use it to make their nests.

DDM said:
LMAO I would have assumed you were working next to the Strip club.

That's exactly what I was thinking!

Last year I found some concrete that some arse years ago filled the tree with. Thats enough to set you off.

Barney fife put those there years ago. Aunt Bee climbed up there to unlock him. The scariest thing I've found was a sharp metal arrowhead. The cedar shaft had rotted away.

I found a horseshoe while splitting a piece of firewood. It bogged my splitter down and then "popped" bigtime! Old hand forged shoe. Must have been hung on a branch years ago by a sheep-herder. I've found several arrows, all graphite shafts and broadtips.

I Took down a 60" Dbh Hollow Water oak on an old Farm about 3 yrs ago.This tree must have been where all the farms implements were stored. In the tree i found half of a plow,
Multiple chains,Tractor water pump, Part of a harrow and several horse shoes. I ruined 7 chains that day. Too say the least i was pissed.

ive found a gold pan in a crotch and old 1/2 chain that a old timer must of lost when he tryed to cut the same crotch apart

PTS, I live in the concrete tree capital of the world. usually hit it about 3-4 times a year

Took a lrage silver maple down on a rental property. it had a hollow crotch about 5 feet high that everyone used for a garbage can. filled two five gallon buckets out of it, most interesting thing was an old brass lock

four way electrical junction box about 6 inches deep in an oak
railroad spikes
ax head

Why is this in arborist 101 forum. Seems seasond climbers would have more to contribute to this particular thread.

Trignog said:
Why is this in arborist 101 forum. Seems seasond climbers would have more to contribute to this particular thread.

Well... it's great cautionary stuff for newbies, you never know what's going to be buried in wood.
-moss

I once found a muffin half eaten in a crotch of a tree. It was hard as a rock. I figure a squirrel found it somewhere and took it up there. It tasted pretty good too!:D

Just Kidding!:laugh:

Have found several electric fence insulators with 6 foot bandmills over the years. You usually end up with 40 feet of watchsprings where the bandsaw used to be. Have also sawed railroad spikes completely in half without blowing a saw, of course the saw wasn't good for anything for scrap afterwards, but it is always a lot better to keep the saw on the wheels.

Latest posts

Back