I Gotta Hand it to You

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one lawn customer that I mulch their flower beds, 8 yards of mulch. Did that Monday, was planning on doing about 5 hours Monday and the rest Tuesday, then heard rain all day Tuesday, so I pushed through and got it done Monday. Hurt till this morning. I have so many saws that if one doesn't start right up, I put it down and grab another. I found that pulling the starter on a saw, or my splitter, puts more strain on my back than lifting. I hurt my back a few months ago and couldn't figure what I did. Then I picked my splitter up from the shop, and realized I had snathced and snatched on it the day before my back started hurting. Turned out I had water in my fuel. I counted and I pulled 25 times and got a couple little sputters, rested a minute, and pulled 25 more. Did that 5 times and said "off to the shop you go". All that pulling had me down for a solid week, and sore for 2-3 weeks. Can't wait till I stop getting old!

I have two pretty big piles of trees to "process". I bought 5 acres and have had some trees fell for my new house. I did some cuttin' today and I have to hand it to you folk. This ain't no game for soft hands or weak backs. This is hard work. I was only out for a few hours, I only cut about 3 trees and threw the rounds into a pile. Cut a tree, throw rounds, cut a tree, throw rounds, and so on.

Just holding the saw making the cuts is a hard work out. Gotta hand it to you folks.

Firewood warms you multiple times before you even burn it.

Latest posts

Back