I guess my woodpile friend has to go.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it is a pest, kill it. There are plenty of rabbits, squirels, rats, mice, bats, birds, chipmunks, insects, and anything else that likes to invade my barn or destroy my property.
Just my opinion,
Marty

If it is a pest, kill it. There are plenty of rabbits, squirels, rats, mice, bats, birds, chipmunks, insects, and anything else that likes to invade my barn or destroy my property.
Just my opinion,
Marty
+1. Take a young mated pair of rabbits. Allow them to have litters at a normal pace, Allow their offspring to have litters at a normal pace. If all live and the original pair live out their normal lifespan, the two will have produced:
over 250,000 rabbits. That's right. Over a quarter of a million. :dizzy:

When I was younger I rented a place where there were an abnormal amount of skunks. They were everywhere. I figured out that a well placed shot to the head drops them, then you have about 10 min or so until the body starts to relax to get it gone before the stink comes out.

This was learned after several skunks decided to fight under the house we were living in. They sprayed, the house stunk, you get the idea.

if it is a pest, kill it. There are plenty of rabbits, squirels, rats, mice, bats, birds, chipmunks, insects, and anything else that likes to invade my barn or destroy my property.
Just my opinion,
marty

+2

I can never understand why anyone would kill an animal when it's possible to set it free somewhere that it won't disturb anyone.

Most critters that are considered a pest, breed like mad and are territorial to boot.

Thumping problem woodchucks, Coyote's,Possums, 'Coons, Red Squirrels, Skunks, and some others keeps the population in check and gets them gone.

Live trapping is hazzardous to the trapper and takes time.
I might also add it's more than a little illegal in most parts, to be in posession of live trapped wildlife.

I for one will not risk rabies and other ugliness for the sake of a simple pest, nor would I presume to ask anyone else to do so.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

What are you worrying about? Be happy your neighbor & no one else will ever steal your firewood! :laugh:

Most critters that are considered a pest, breed like mad and are territorial to boot.....
I for one will not risk rabies and other ugliness for the sake of a simple pest, nor would I presume to ask anyone else to do so.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

There is no such thing as a "simple pest". That's a term to minimize and disassociate yourself from your actions.

These are animals that have real lives.
I have reverence for all living things and will not even kill an insect without a reason. I find living in this manner enhances my own experience of life.

Just an FYI...if you kill it (with any method) they will spray when they expire. Its a good thing to know before you shoot one and walk up to it...

There is no such thing as a "simple pest". That's a term to minimize and disassociate yourself from your actions.

I have reverence for all living things and will not even kill an insect without a reason. I find living in this manner enhances my own experience of life.

You live with your choices, I'll live with mine.

LOL!!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I’m not one to go around killing things either but sometimes a person has to do what he has to do. We feed four baby fox all summer and think nothing of it. We feed the deer all year around and enjoy watching them. I don’t mind the coon eating my bird food. But when I open my door and 9:00 PM at night and that nasty skunk is on my deck looking at me, I have one of two choices…. 1) I stay in my house until the skunk decides to leave or…. 2) I teach that skunk a lesson in physics.

Sorry but my guess is the skunk will soon learn that a bullet travels faster than sound.

I don't care who you are, that's funny right there.

Sounds like the kind of person who eats meat, but only if it came in a plastic sanitary package from the grocery store. My son-in-law eats meat, but not at my house, because it comes from animals I killed..lol. I will never understand why she married him.

I have reverence for living things too. I don't kill indescriminatly, But I also know that pests have to be dealt with. Skunks, mice, roaches, etc.

I don't care who you are, that's funny right there.

Sounds like the kind of person who eats meat, but only if it came in a plastic sanitary package from the grocery store. My son-in-law eats meat, but not at my house, because it comes from animals I killed..lol. I will never understand why she married him.

I have reverence for living things too. I don't kill indescriminatly, But I also know that pests have to be dealt with. Skunks, mice, roaches, etc.

I didn't say to never kill an animal. If an animal encroaches too close to your home, you have to what you have to do.

However, I think that "life" is such a miracle that I am not quick to snatch it from anything that was given that gift. I chase away and relocate animals whenever possible.

i guess some guys think to be a real man you have to kill animals. I think true strength is demonstrated through compassion.

Last edited:
Now take the rabbit out of the reproduction story and plug the skunk in! Yep, the skunk would have to go. But hey-bullets are cheap :cheers:

Last edited:
Catch the skunk and put it in the cage on her poarch and tell her that you are such a weakling that you just cannot kill such a lovely animal.

:cheers:

Latest posts

Back