I guess you need to wear a cup also

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coldfront

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
We were splitting some big rounds of pine yesterday with a 25 ton splitter when a tough piece split with a snap and hit my buddy right in the nuts, :dizzy: . We were laughing our ass off, :) but he didn't think it was so funny. I guess we need to add a cup to our protective gear list.

The boys and I were splitting yesterday and we had a few pieces launch themselves. I think my oldest got his eyes opened when a 6x6x18" chunk went about 10-12' in his general direction.

Stay safe.

Don

similar situation just happened a few hours ago to me, i was walking through the woods moving brush and stepped on a spring pole when i lifted my foot it went right up and in between my legs. it didnt get me good thank god!

lol i was actually just thinking it might be a wise idea to wear a cup

I had all most the same thing happen to me a round slipped out of the splitter and popped me in the stomach. The plate on my cylinder is smooth no welded dimples or ridges, and the plate welded on the beam is also smooth I have had a few rounds shoot out of it. On my Lowe's yard machine 27 ton there is a welded split nipple that seemes to hold the wood a lot better. Although I still hold my hand in front of the round in case it pops out of the splitter David:monkey:

That's funny.

Last week my chaps showed up in the mail and I was showing them to my girlfriend and all she had to say was, "why don't they have any protection in the crotch?" Then an hour later the woman who rents a room from me asked the same thing. I told them both that it isn't a real common place for injuries while doing that sort of work. Perhaps I should rethink that.

Jones

a nut shot is always funny... (except to the recipient of the shot) I wonder how many videos on funniest home videos are of nut shots? :check: :check:

That's funny.

Last week my chaps showed up in the mail and I was showing them to my girlfriend and all she had to say was, "why don't they have any protection in the crotch?" Then an hour later the woman who rents a room from me asked the same thing. I told them both that it isn't a real common place for injuries while doing that sort of work. Perhaps I should rethink that.

Jones

That is the (almost) very last part of me that I would intentionally get remotely close any moving part of any machinery.

All it would take in one lawsuite from someone that was injured in the unprotected crotch while wearing the chaps and they would be rethinking how to cover exposed areas.

This raises the question. If somebody did get hurt there , why was he exposing himself to his chainsaw ? :greenchainsaw:

That is the (almost) very last part of me that I would intentionally get remotely close any moving part of any machinery.

All it would take in one lawsuite from someone that was injured in the unprotected crotch while wearing the chaps and they would be rethinking how to cover exposed areas.

This raises the question. If somebody did get hurt there , why was he exposing himself to his chainsaw ? :greenchainsaw:

at least he would remove himself from the gene pool

This is the same discussion I had with a chap maker, why the hell is there a big split wher your package is?

Your chaps prtect you if something forces your bar/chain against you, and this can't happn in you lower mid-section????

What the ......?

Put some kevlar there Please!

We were splitting some big rounds of pine yesterday with a 25 ton splitter when a tough piece split with a snap and hit my buddy right in the nuts, :dizzy: . We were laughing our ass off, :) but he didn't think it was so funny. I guess we need to add a cup to our protective gear list.

ouch!

Latest posts

Back