I Hate "Whats it Worth" threads

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeepyfz450

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I dont know what it is but i really do hate ''Whats my saw/ this saw worth" threads. I think it might be beacus there are so many variables and it all depends on how much the person wants the saw.

So here is my "whats it worth" thread. I have been keeping my eye out for a 100+ CC Stihl for a while now. well i found a 088 with a 48'' B/C. the saw looks like its in decent condition but has been used. the owner says it runs good and "starts like any other big saw" Im not sure what that means. He is asking 1150$ which i think is High. i am thinking about going to look at the saw this weekend and bringing some cash to make an offer. so if the saw is in decent condition and runs good what do you think is a fair price? i am thinking about offering 850$ but i dont think he will bite.

I dont know what it is but i really do hate ''Whats my saw/ this saw worth" threads. I think it might be beacus there are so many variables and it all depends on how much the person wants the saw.

So here is my "whats it worth" thread. I have been keeping my eye out for a 100+ CC Stihl for a while now. well i found a 088 with a 48'' B/C. the saw looks like its in decent condition but has been used. the owner says it runs good and "starts like any other big saw" Im not sure what that means. He is asking 1150$ which i think is High. i am thinking about going to look at the saw this weekend and bringing some cash to make an offer. so if the saw is in decent condition and runs good what do you think is a fair price? i am thinking about offering 850$ but i dont think he will bite.

There's a very nice looking 880 in the TP for $950.

way too much unless its in near new condition.

i think your 800-900 again if in good shape is very fair.

but like others have stated newer 880s are on CL and classifieds.

way too much unless its in near new condition.

i think your 800-900 again if in good shape is very fair.

but like others have stated newer 880s are on CL and classifieds.

thats kinda what i was thinking. i probably should price a brand new one just to see how much they are now.

Back